• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official Shottalk Cookbook

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
I want to smoke some fish. Whole. Headed, gutted, skinned and almost split to the tail. Alder wood?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I cooked them for 30. They were frozen, and I defrosted them in the microwave. I would have preferred to defrost them overnight in the fridge, but this was a quick decision.

OP
anonymous golfaholic

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Word...40 minutes is a bit much for boneless chicken breasts. We typically do 20 minutes.
Just boneless chicken breast, yes, 40 minutes will dry it out. I covered mine in a bunch of mushrooms, peppers and bacon...the chicken was not exposed at all. When it was done, I had probably a 1/4" of juices standing in the bottom from the olive oil, butter, bacon grease and moisture from the fresh veggies. Mine worked out.

Still, recipes are just guidelines. I'm not sure if I've ever followed a recipe exactly. Cook times can always vary and everyone's taster is different. So yeah, do what you do.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Just boneless chicken breast, yes, 40 minutes will dry it out. I covered mine in a bunch of mushrooms, peppers and bacon...the chicken was not exposed at all. When it was done, I had probably a 1/4" of juices standing in the bottom from the olive oil, butter, bacon grease and moisture from the fresh veggies. Mine worked out.

Still, recipes are just guidelines. I'm not sure if I've ever followed a recipe exactly. Cook times can always vary and everyone's taster is different. So yeah, do what you do.
I agree with this. I cooked mine for 40 minutes, but the breasts were covered. Came out great!

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
The curing burn. I sealed it up with 1 tube of fireplace cement caulk. Some guys do the felt thing, but that stuff can hold water so I dont care for it. Looks like the top round needs a bit. Its spot welded, and screws with bolts. And the top door flange may need to be flexed out a bit to seal it. Its stinking to high heaven right now. It will hold 20lbs of charcoal. I havent seen a design this good for the price out of Brinkmann in maybe ever. Those front feet even spin out so you can pitch it or level it. Water in your ashes makes lye, which will eat your machine just sitting there, so I like them about 1/4" slope back to the firebox. My Cimarron horizontal is propped up with rocks.
1401323237877.jpg

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Took 1/2 white onion, 2 celery stalks, and 1 green pepper. Cut into a small dice. With butter, sweated until tender. Add 1 1/2 tsp total of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Stir for about a minute. Stir in a few ounces of white wine to add flavor. Once the alcohol has cooked out, add 8oz heavy cream. Stir well, reduce heat to simmer, and let thicken.

Tenderize a thin flank steak with a mallet, season with salt and pepper, coat with bread crumbs. In a hot pan with olive oil, cook steak to preferred doneness.

Serve with the cream sauce over the top. Serve with hash browns or French fries on the side.

This is my version of jäger schnitzel

Members online

No members online now.