• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

offset drivers?

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
i went to a demo today and hit lots of drivers from cleveland, callway, nike, mizuno, cobra and titleist. i spent most of my time at the cleveland tent because of all the talk about the launcher and lately the hi-bore stuff. i hit both and really like the launcher 460ti. however when i was hitting, i had my usual slice and one of the cleveland guys noticed and got me an offset driver. 10.5* and regular flex aldila nv-65. i hit it 260+ straight ahead. it felt and sounded awesome and i can't stop thinking about how great it felt. does anyone else use an offset driver and is this kind of a special club for really bad slicers like me? i use a titleist 975D 10.5 reg flex that i got off ebay for $30. i can hit it straight a lot of the times but i do slice if i swing incorrectly. i really want buy a launcher but should i go with the offset since it seems to fix my slice most of the time or go regular and just work on my swing? oh and i definitely liked the launcher better than the callaway drivers, nike SQ and all the others drivers.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hmm, hard to say. I firmly believe (only because I'm a "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian" follower) that you should probably spend money on lessons straightening out that slice before resorting to new equipment.

That being said, sometimes having the right equipment can influence how much you put into practice, lessons and concentration. Some guys want the quick fix, and that's great. But you aren't really becoming any better. You're just putting a band-aid on the problem. Wouldn't the bigger picture show you hitting a non-offset driver "straighter" and wouldn't that put a positive spin on the rest of your game?

These questions really can't be answered by anyone but you. If you don't have the time to practice, the patience for lessons or care to concentrate more on your game, take the easy way out and get an offset driver. But, if you have patience, can afford to put your game back into the stone ages with some lessons, and slowly but surely make a positive effect on your entire game, just not off the tee, by all means by a non offset driver, take some lessons with it and improve your game that way.

I won't judge you in either choice, but there are benefits from both choices, as well as some pitfalls.

Good luck in your decision making. If I could throw in my 2 cents, the Launcher is a very forgiving driver to hit. A few buckets at the range and a few suggestions from your local pro even in a one hour session, you'll be hitting that thing out there a ton.

Cheers,

R35

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
Rockford35 said:
If I could throw in my 2 cents

Errrrrrr....... I think he might need a bit more than that... They're expensive drivers, you know! ;)

:smilie_cl:smilie_cl:smilie_cl

🔥 Latest posts