• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ogilvy's bag

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Thinking more about this, I'm SERIOUSLY more apt to try something if I see a bunch of guys on HERE playing it. If you, BigJim, or Rockford, or someone else on here who tries a lot of stuff says they like something, THAT actually drives my interest. You boys oughta try for a sponsorship :p

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Thinking more about this, I'm SERIOUSLY more apt to try something if I see a bunch of guys on HERE playing it. If you, BigJim, or Rockford, or someone else on here who tries a lot of stuff says they like something, THAT actually drives my interest. You boys oughta try for a sponsorship :p

I agree, there are several pieces of equipment that I have bought or tried because of the people on this forum. The best being the TEE 3w. That is once club I sold that I wish I could get back, the 15* head the the Comp NT shaft for me was just money.

But seriously, it's easier for me to relate to guys like us on this forum, whose games are more equal to mine, than a tour pro who routinely hits 300+ yd drives and backs up an 8i.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I agree, there are several pieces of equipment that I have bought or tried because of the people on this forum. The best being the TEE 3w. That is once club I sold that I wish I could get back, the 15* head the the Comp NT shaft for me was just money.

But seriously, it's easier for me to relate to guys like us on this forum, whose games are more equal to mine, than a tour pro who routinely hits 300+ yd drives and backs up an 8i.

No doubt, I know I can't hit the ball the same as the guys on tour. I don't have the swing speed or consistency of swing they do. I have a set of TM RAC Mb's, they are gorgeous, and when hit on the sweet spot there is no better feeling. But sadly I find the microscopic sweet spot once ever 5-6 swings. The equipment the pros are playing is geared for that repeatable, near perfect swing. Us mere mortal hacks need more forgiveness.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Who needs forgiveness? I play some seriously small blades, and I'm a shank machine!! ;)

I think the move by Ogilvy was a good one for ALL parties. Cobra never had a large presence on TOUR.. They were always the kid brother of Titleist. Acushnet dropped back on the Cobra money flow on TOUR, and probably made offers to bring their bigger guys over to Titleist for the time being.

Saves money for them as a parent company, and moves a great player to the mainsteam brand.

🔥 Latest posts