• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ogio EXO

nirvanafan430

Nov 2, 2005
I was looking around to buy a new golf bag and had my eyes on the Ogio EXO. But everytime i look at one it has 2005 or 2006. I was wondering if anyone knew the differences between to two models if there are any. Thanks

KB1982

Jun 10, 2005
Funny, for the last week I was contemplating between an Ogio Edge, Exo, 2005 or 2006 models. Here is what I've come up with, hope it helps you some. Reason I wanted an Ogio bag is simple: Woode system and they seem to have more features then the rest. Other manufacturers seem to put up rehashed items in a different color scheme, but Ogio makes new features:

-Edge has 10 pockets, Hoode rain cover, and is slighter heavier
-Exo has 9 pockets, standard zip rain cover.
-2006 Edge doesn't have a true black. The 'black' they sell is really silver with black edges.

Now the differences that I've come up with between the 05 and 06 Exo's.

The 2006 has slightly more gray trim on them. Between the handle and the ball silo, there's more silver. The ball silo on the 2006 is gray, where as on the 2005 it was black. The 2006 has the words Exo embordiered on the side. The Ogio logo on the 2006's is grey, on the 2005 it's white. The 2006 Exo is about 6.5 lbs, the 2005 is 6.75 lbs.

Now the kicker for me. I was tossed between the 2005 and 2006 as well. What sold me? The price. Very few online retailers have the 2006 in stock. An ebay seller has them for BIN with shipping for $158. Not a bad price for a nice bag. The 2005 are selling in my local pro shop for $169.99. But I was able to buy a 2005 Black Exo, brand new for $96 shipped on Ebay. That's after $17 shipping.

If you have the extra money lying around and like the subtle differences, go with the 2006. But if you're pinching pennies trying to save up money for other clubs, go and bid on a 2005. On ebay the majority of the 2005's end up for less then $100. Especially the odder colors such as burnt fade and red. I've seen those go for as low as $55 before shipping.

Again, this is long and drawn out, but I hope some of this helps.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Re the Edge - I'm not sure if you've seen the Hoode top. If you haven't, I'll give you my opinion on it (based purely on my impresssions from playing with it in the store):

It sucks. It's annoying, cumbersome, and ugly. The regular zip rain cover on the Exo was what sold me on that bag v. the Edge.

Personal opinion is worth what you pay for it, but that's mine.

dtessier

Jul 26, 2005
Silver said:
Re the Edge - I'm not sure if you've seen the Hoode top. If you haven't, I'll give you my opinion on it (based purely on my impresssions from playing with it in the store):

It sucks. It's annoying, cumbersome, and ugly. The regular zip rain cover on the Exo was what sold me on that bag v. the Edge.

Personal opinion is worth what you pay for it, but that's mine.
By the way, by comparing the specs between 05 and 06 Exo's on eBay, here's the differences I was able to come up with:
- 06 has some new colors
- 06 has "EXO" embroidered on the side
- 06 has the Hoode top

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I've got an Ogio something, 2004 model. It's serving me well, but recently, the strap is starting to rip. Still fine though.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
I very nearly went for one of those myself. I think they make for Callaway, too. Am well pleased with my R7 carry-bag, though - itz da bomb ! :)

KB1982

Jun 10, 2005
The 2006 Exo does not have the Hoode top. I've seen one in store and it does not have it. If you're talkinga bout the one ebay seller that has it for $150 something, he emailed me saying it was a typo.

Wheelerm

GET IN THE HOLE!
Oct 11, 2005
I thought the only difference was the height, weight and amount of pockets =S

🔥 Latest posts