• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oh just a PGA Superstore story.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
ill try to keep it short..

while I was waiting for the person I wanted to work with on a new shaft for my Cobra, another employee of the bays asked what help I needed.

After saying I was there to try different shafts, he said:

"oh we don't have any shafts to fit that" - although all he could see was the top of the driver head.

I look him straight in the eye and said :

"oh yeah? well a few weeks ago I tried about 5 or 6 shafts. I am back today to buy one." dam fool. he walked away.

I reported it. Asst store manager discussed it with me, and at the checkout -with a new freaking TM driver - , I got 10% off. I also got the impression that the employee was... not in great graces.
Guy who did help was great. I should talk to him again and offer a paid round of golf with him, esp since he is about my age.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
During the 90's we lived in a large metro area. Golf was having a boom time fueled, significantly, by the advent of the Tiger Woods era. Golf big box stores were springing up over the area. They were hiring young guys who might have played a half dozen rounds of golf and they were immediately experts in the field. Much of it was commission sales and they wanted to sell up... and sell up... and sell up.
Recently, a cousin in Minnesota was going to purchase an complete set of new clubs and asked about where and what to buy. I told him to find a CERTIFIED Ping fitter. He ended up going to a big box and was "fitted" by a young man who told him he was an accomplished fitter. This cousin is an outdoorsman. Good strong swing. But, mostly because of his age, the "fitter" put him in senior flex shafts.
The salesperson who told you there were no shafts available probably thought he could make more money selling you a new driver. Thank goodness, you found one of the intelligent ones.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
I stop in the PGA Superstore when we're in Myrtle Beach. There's 2 of them and I always get the impression that the people that work there (not cashiers), assume we're all idiots. They're used stuff is always beat to shit and way overpriced. Wife loves the clothes so we stop in.

Most reactions

Latest posts