• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oh my aching back....

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
My wife took my little autistic one up to see her sister today. I am thinking that I am going to get some serious golf in over the next three days.

In the meantime, my parents are moving out of their house (82yo) and into an apartment. My dad has a large wine collection in a climate controlled cellar and we have a contract to sell it to a company in Oakland CA.

The truck came out today - a 48 foot tractor-trailer. Of course, there's no way to get it into the driveway so he parks it in the street in front of the house. This is a refrigeration truck.

The wine cellar is located underneath the house, accessable only from the outside. It is three steps down from ground level and the ceiling is low. I cannot fully stand up in it.

We had 37 boxes that weighed 40 pounds (18 KG) each. I picked up each one and brought it out of the cellar and loaded it onto the truck at the bottom of the driveway. A total of 1480 pounds/671 KG.

I don't think I can play golf for a couple of days......:(:(

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
The larger question is not your lack of masculine prowess, moving a few measly boxes from A to B but rather it's about how many made it on the truck and how many made it into your trunk? :laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ouch, it was a pain when I moved to my new apartment, and that was only 3 rooms.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The larger question is not your lack of masculine prowess, moving a few measly boxes from A to B but rather it's about how many made it on the truck and how many made it into your trunk? :laugh:

I've already tried that....even though he's 82, his mind is pretty sharp....

I am going to get a few bottles though....I have my sights set on some 1982 Ports, which are awesome and will get you plastered at the same time. About 20 proof...

Hell he's still got at least 80-90 bottles in there that he thinks he's going to "keep under the bed" in the apt. NO way....he sold all of the French Bordeaus and has quite a few California's left and the port which is all I am interested in anyway...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
A few percocets and a beer or two should fix that back right up. Works on mine every time.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
1982 Ports??

Ok, instead of telling you what a wuss you are, I'm gonna tell you that you're my newest bestest friend and I'd really like one of those bottles, please.....

How's that working for me?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.