• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Oh S@#T!!!"

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So my wife is out of town on a business trip. I am at home with my 3 3/4 year old daughter. Tonight after dinner and reading a few books I told her its time to get ready for bed-ya know the routine, brush teeth, PJ's etc. So tonight while brushing her teeth I remind her that she needs to spit and rinse. Well she goes ahead and spits some toothpaste into the sink, in the process spits it mostly on her hand. I chuckled a bit and she looked at me and said most seriously "Oh shit!!!"

I lost it, normally when she says something like this (ya know something she's not supposed to say) I try to keep a straight face and explain to her that some things are not nice to say. This time I couldn't even try to keep a straight face, I just about died laughing. Me laughing got her laughing and if you didn't know, hearing your child laugh is one of the purest forms of joy on the face of the planet. It was a precious father/daughter moment brought on by "oh shit!"

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I grew up listening to my grandmother use "oh sh!t" every other sentence. Life would not be the same without that phrase. Somehow, and we know to teach children better choice phrases, this one always promotes a laugh.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Great story and one that, no doubt, you'll be telling her kids one day.

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
I enjoyed the story so much I read it to my girlfriend. Her response "She sounds like a future golfer."

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I enjoyed the story so much I read it to my girlfriend. Her response "She sounds like a future golfer."

Oh she already is! I cut down a wedge and a putter for her and the other day we were looking through the Golfworks catalog and she asked me to get her a pink grip for her putter. I laughed but was proud of her at the same time, she's already an equipment junkie!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Were pretty sure outside of 'dada' and 'mama' my daughters very first words were 'oh shit'.

The mother of my daughter took my daughter to Target, put her in the seat thats built into the cart and went shopping. When she got to the checkout line she got in her purse to get out her wallet and it pulls her cell out of the purse and drops on the ground. She says, 'oh shit' and picks up the phone placing it next to my daughter in the cart. My daughter promptly picks up the phone throws it on the floor and says 'Oh shit'.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Great stories, how does the saying go, "from the mouths of babes".

My youngest son was the source of this jewel. The oldest son had a friend over spending the night. As older brothers are prone to do, he and his friend were roughhousing with the youngest. Apparently it got a bit to rough, because suddenly he stepped back from the two of them, stomped his foot, looked at his older brother and proclaimed, "F..k you", looked at the overnight guest and yelled, "and f..k you too".

My wife looked at me and asked, aren't you going to punish him, at which point I completely lost it and burst out laughing. I had been struggling to contain my laughter, and lost it when she said that, "nope, I'm rather proud of him, they had it coming", at which point she busted out laughing.

Btw, he was all of 2 1/2 - 3 years old when this occurred, :)

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Were pretty sure outside of 'dada' and 'mama' my daughters very first words were 'oh shit'.

The mother of my daughter took my daughter to Target, put her in the seat thats built into the cart and went shopping. When she got to the checkout line she got in her purse to get out her wallet and it pulls her cell out of the purse and drops on the ground. She says, 'oh shit' and picks up the phone placing it next to my daughter in the cart. My daughter promptly picks up the phone throws it on the floor and says 'Oh shit'.

Great stories, how does the saying go, "from the mouths of babes".

My youngest son was the source of this jewel. The oldest son had a friend over spending the night. As older brothers are prone to do, he and his friend were roughhousing with the youngest. Apparently it got a bit to rough, because suddenly he stepped back from the two of them, stomped his foot, looked at his older brother and proclaimed, "F..k you", looked at the overnight guest and yelled, "and f..k you too".

My wife looked at me and asked, aren't you going to punish him, at which point I completely lost it and burst out laughing. I had been struggling to contain my laughter, and lost it when she said that, "nope, I'm rather proud of him, they had it coming", at which point she busted out laughing.

Btw, he was all of 2 1/2 - 3 years old when this occurred, :)

Great stories!

When my wife called I told her what "her" daughter said, my wife laughed and said "that's great!" I asked why she thought it was so great and her response was "she used the phrase correctly!" :confused:

🔥 Latest posts