• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oh sweet day!!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
My swing has been in the toilet for the better part of two months now. Over this time I've gotten the sh@$!s and just had a generally miserable time hitting the golf ball.

Last Wednesday I finally got in and spent an hour with my pro. Within the first few swings he had identified the source of my problem; he moved the ball up in my stance and then me away from the ball. This seemed to address the worst of my problems but it now I had to work on the OTT and lack of right side release that had gotten back into my swing.

I went to the range last Friday and it was a mixed bag of shots. There were signs of my old self (the swing that had me flirting with sub 80) but it still wasn't quite there (although the hosel rockets were gone). Well, I took my son to the range yesterday and I can honestly say that my black period has ended. Contact was back into the middle of the club face and I could feel my right side getting all the way through the shot. It felt awesome to hear that "click" and see the ball jump off the face (I got really tired of hearing "thud" before the muted "click"). My form was solid and I was even able to get 75% power driver swings to carry the ball over 200yds right at my target. I had seen glimpses of coming out of my funk a couple times prior to this but I didn't know why. This time I know I'm out because I am addressing what I was doing wrong; nothing magical. By the end of bucket I wasn't hitting balls but rather swinging the club and letting the ball just get in the way!

ecooke21

Sep 6, 2006
good for you! I am still having bad days every day.. in fact I dont think I have had a good day yet... but I'm hopefull.. :)

OP
chemboy2

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I went out yesterday for the first time since declaring that I was coming out of my funk. I chose to play a straight forward local muni where I have some good memories (all sub 90 rounds). I didn't go in caring too much about my score but more about my swing and its efficacy.

I was quite pleased with the results today. I drove the ball really well and hit 10 fairways. We played from the back tees (6700yds) and I used the driver on every par 4 & 5. The only time I missed a fairway was when I tried to really step on it, as long as I stayed slow and smooth I was sending it 250yds out into the middle of the fairway.

The weakest part of my game today was definitely the iron play. I'm not too concerned though because a) I hit them better than I've been hitting them the last 8 weeks and b) I was out there with brand new irons that had seen all of two range sessions.

My short game was so-so today and I couldn't get a single putt to drop so I didn't "save" any holes (that's a shame because that is usually the strongest part of my game). I ended up carding a 91 and I'm quite please with that, all things considered.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.