• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oh Yeah, The ATT ProAm

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
So I sit down today to watch some golf. This week the Tour is playing one of the greatest courses in the world.... with a bunch of Bing Crosby wannabees. Is this tourney annoying to anyone else? Bill Murray was funny the first time I saw him there, but its getting old. I don't care about the celebrity amateurs, I think most of the people on this board play better than them. Is it just me?

Amos

Feb 3, 2007
I agree, after watching 25 boring minutes I'm out the door to play 9.
Amos

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'm watching Champions Tour on GC instead. I get tired of it as well, way too much celebrity coverage. A few guys are decent but if I wanted to watch a real 3 or 4 cap I'd just go play up the road. That is if it wasn't 27* and the course was open.
icon10.gif

It's supposed to be 38* on Mon. you can bet I'll be there if no work.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
[rant]

WILL THAT GUY, WHOEVER HE IS, SHUT UP WITH THE AUSTIN POWERS IMPRESSIONS!!!!

THEY'RE AMUSING ONCE BUT *NOT* AFTER THREE WHOLE DAYS OF THEM!!!

[/rant]

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
[rant]

WILL THAT GUY, WHOEVER HE IS, SHUT UP WITH THE AUSTIN POWERS IMPRESSIONS!!!!

THEY'RE AMUSING ONCE BUT *NOT* AFTER THREE WHOLE DAYS OF THEM!!!

[/rant]

Yeah he is very annoying, pretty boring watching the AT&T I wish Tiger was playing so it would seem more interesting.

Jun 24, 2006
Whats with the commercials every 40 seconds?.

I HAD to turn it off.:real angry:

Champions tour begins in 13 minutes.

Jun 24, 2006
Jesus they showed 2 shot's of leaders

WOW! they showed 2 shots!?..I must have missed one..I only saw Micklsons putt on his last hole. No actually I saw his first and second putt and that is for the leaders. And maybe a few or Furyk, and one of Sing.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oh, the PGA is on this week? I saw some guy that did the worst impression of Bing Crosby I've ever seen do an intro to Kevin Costner talking about the "tradition" of the game.

WTF is going on?

I hear Wie is injured. I'll be glued to the LPGA for a few weeks.

R35

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
BRO GET OVER IT!

Jesus christ man I am truly sorry that BING or Sinatra arent around anymore. That tournament will always be there so get used to it. Its a good tournament and its pretty funny to watch these celebs trying to play golf. Who cares wether or not they dont show lefty. If your that into whos playing professionally buy a plane ticket and go to pebble.

I cant stand people bashing tournaments because of celebrities because I BET IF YOU HAD THE $$$$ YOU WOULD BE OUT THERE!

artfulgolfer

Jan 8, 2007
The only part worth watching is the first few seconds after each commercial when they show the aerial views of the coastline and course. I live a couple hours south... the weather is pretty nasty right now or I'd be out playing. I'll skip tomorrow's coverage and try to play.

Regarding flomarilius's remark about being there if you had the money... I hope you mean to play and not watch. Yes, I'd be there if I could play... No interest in watching celebs.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
BRO GET OVER IT!

Jesus christ man I am truly sorry that BING or Sinatra arent around anymore. That tournament will always be there so get used to it. Its a good tournament and its pretty funny to watch these celebs trying to play golf. Who cares wether or not they dont show lefty. If your that into whos playing professionally buy a plane ticket and go to pebble.

I cant stand people bashing tournaments because of celebrities because I BET IF YOU HAD THE $$$$ YOU WOULD BE OUT THERE!

I'd rather hear about the CEO from Merril Lynch or John Deere and how their game is going instead of Ray Romano.

Celebrities have lost their luster, as far as I'm concerned.

R35

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Well, I watch golf for golf. Not to see master impressionist Mr. whoever do a Clint Eastwood or a Dean Martin, and to here Faldo and Ray Floyd talk about how funny it is. I heard it myself, guys, and I didn't laugh.

I did say maybe its just me, but apparently its not. The sixteenth at the FBR didn't bother me but it did some.

Have fun watching George Lopez hack his ball around, I'm going to the simulator. With love, Jon

🔥 Latest posts