• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oh Yeah, The ATT ProAm

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
You know what man I dont think people give the pros enough credit in this situation. Do you honestly believe they want to be sandbagged by an 18capper? No, seriously they hate it as much as you do. Hmm, If they cant complain why should you, your not out there dealing with them and their stupidity. Maybe im burning bridges making these remarks but I am tired of hearing people bash this tournament. This is just as big as some of the majors and hell if Tiger skips it his loss not really the Tours. Beside with Tiger there god knows he would want to make it conform to every other tournament.

No cheering, everyone stand in a single file line, and have a 2finger clap. God forbid he heard the comical roars from the crowd after a drive.

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Well, you're not burning a bridge with me, we just happen to disagree on this one. I think the interview part where the celebrities are expected to always act a certain way, you know, be funny and entertain between shots, and put on routines is the most annoying to me. To me, good golf is entertaining. And I can complain as a consumer of golf.

P.S. If I had the money, I would absolutely play, and enjoy dragging my pro down!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I don't care for the celebrities: their general lack of funniness on screen is an indicator of just how important are good writers.

But, WOW, it sure is pretty out there. Even with the wind bending the flagsticks horizontal. Furyk and Singh didn't look like they were having a lot of fun and the last cople of holes.

I hope Phil can keep his demons under control and finish well today.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
You know what man I dont think people give the pros enough credit in this situation. Do you honestly believe they want to be sandbagged by an 18capper?

Speaking of bagging, Watson and his *ahem* 6 handicap son who hits it forever are in 2nd place. Personally I enjoy watching some of the celebs who can play a little bit, I mean it's different. Let's face it, the PGA tour unless it's a major is pretty damn boring. I'll only watch the marquee events now. This is at least a change of pace.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
George Lopez has to be the unfunniest funny man in history.

Gan is aweful, glad I am not going to vegas anytime soon.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
An event like this is like the NFL's Pro Bowl. Nobody cares and it's just played because of tradition.

I wish it was just a regular pro-am day on Thursday, then the boys played the final 54 without the ball and chain.

R35

🔥 Latest posts