• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oh, you sexy thing...

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I took her out for a spin at the range today, and had mixed results.
I traded shots between the Maruman, the Callaway forged I got from Mike1218, the Vokey SM I got from Crossfire (which I've bagged for a few rounds,) and my trusty Srixon WG-504.

As a gap wedge, I've never hit a club (the Maruman) that had such phenomenal control. I was throwing darts at the 100 yard marker, and easily dialed back to 80, 60, and 40 yards. Beautiful divots, which surprised me a bit - I half expected to dig deep with this one, since I have a fairly steep swing. It was great - the best of all four wedges. I want this club in my bag for approach shots.

Around the green it was a different story. I won't say it was awful - in fact I liked it 2nd best of the four wedges, but I had a hard time getting the club to the ball with any kind of consistency. It was crisper than the Vokey, easier to hit than the Callaway, but it seemed a bit head heavy, and I had a bit of trouble controlling it on the 5-10 yard shots. My Srixon was almost effortless in comparison. I was amazed at how well the Srixon handled, compared to the others.

The Maruman and the Srixon are duking it out right now. Both wedges are 480g total weight, D4 swingweight. The Maruman is 1/4 inch longer. Not sure I understand why the Srixon feels so much more balanced on the chip shots.

I'm going to bag the Maruman for few rounds. I liked it so much from 40-100 yards that I want to give it a chance during a round or two.

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
OK then... wedge bounce is the angle between the leading edge and trailing edge of a wedge when the wedge is grounded in playing position. Does that help?

I have always found that a picture is worth a thousand words, especially when accompanied by an explanation. :p

And I didn't Google that site, I actually have it bookmarked in my golf reference sites because it has a lot of excellent technical descriptions of almost everything equipment related.

Thank You. The picture also helped.:thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts