• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK guys, I'm on the Hibore train info needed...

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
I have decided to pick up a Hibore, always loved the Launcher and after hearing some stuff on here as well as hitting a couple balls....I have decided to make the jump (keeping the Launcher, just in case)

My question is, I can pick up a used one with the Graf Comp NT for $150, OR spend about $50 more and get the Proforce V2.....

Is the NT a pretty good shaft? is it worth the extra $50 for the V2 over the NT??

What say ye????

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Check eBay, but be careful. Always contact the seller before you even bid, and with plenty of time. If you hop on and see one going in 20 minutes, without any questions or anything, it's best to wait.

However, you can also get a great deal if you approach it correctly. I mean I got my 425 for 160, which between the shaft, club, and the fact that 4 weights combined costs 60 dollars, isn't too shabby.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
ive heard both are nice shafts, with the graffaloy playing stiffer than the proforce.

you need to ask somebody who has hit the hibore with those exact shafts, i have hit a taylormade with a graf comp nt but not a hibore with it.

i think a couple people on this site have the hibore with the proforce v2.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Cripes, get the NT.

The V2 is a great shaft, but that NT is very smooth. Matched with the HiBore, that'd be a sweet setup. When I hit one with the TEE head, it delivered confidence inspiring drives, no matter what swing you put on it.

Before I got my Accuflex Evo, the NT was by far my second choice.

$150? That's a steal.

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Are you sure you meant the Graf Comp NT? It is not a "standard" shaft in it. The Grafalloy ProLaunch 65 is. If it's the Comp NT (nano technology) that would be a good shaft and it costs more the the ProForce V2.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
....and it costs more the the ProForce V2.

This means relatively nothing in terms of the success of a club. Unless you're thinking about resale.

The V2 is a great shaft for some guys. And the Comp NT is a good shaft for some as well. Guys like Eracer, Slingblade, ect. couldn't hit that shaft to save their lives in that TEE. I could bomb it.

It's all very personal, money shouldn't make a difference, really.

R35

OP
pdlnole

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
"Are you sure you meant the Graf Comp NT? It is not a "standard" shaft in it. The Grafalloy ProLaunch 65 is. If it's the Comp NT (nano technology) that would be a good shaft and it costs more the the ProForce V2."

No, it is a NT in R flex, as is the V2. It's an Ebay sale, so I would guess it is either a special order or the shaft has been replaced.

I can hit the heck out of the Prolaunch in my 5W, but I put one in my driver and it's a hook machine...go figure.

Both of these are regular flex shafts, as the PL stiff has kinda scared me off stiff for a bit. My wife has a R5 with the Speeder in R and I hit it very well, but not near as far as my Launcher with the stock R shaft....problem is I hit the Speeder straight, and the original Launcher Fuji shaft was a slice machine if I tried to put any muscle on it. If I could find a shaft comparable to the Speeder, but a tad stiffer...I would be gold. The search continues.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I had a Launcher comp the start of this summer with the stock Cleveland reg flex shaft and it's exactly as you said, a slice machine if you put any kind of swing to it at all. But you stick a different shaft in them they're much better. The Comp NT is a great shaft.

OP
pdlnole

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
Well, I ended up winning the HB with the Proforce R shaft. I was all set to go and buy the NT club, but someone had made a bid, so the BIN was gone, and it ended up over $200....damn, I should have bought it when I first saw it....Oh well.

I ended up getting this club for less than $180 still in the wrapper W/head-cover, so hopefully the shaft will fit my swing. I am happily awaiting its arrival. It is finally getting to be good golf weather in the Panhandle of Fl......Sorry WBL :)

Also hooked up with a 757 Stiff to go into my Launcher 460. I may be selling the Prolaunch S if anyone is interested, or maybe find a TM head in a lower loft for it and give that a go. I'm really interested in trying the R7 and have been for some time, the quotes of it being unforgiving have held me off, but with a shaft with no home......maybe. I take it some TM heads as .350 as well?

Don

Aug 23, 2005
I have decided to pick up a Hibore, always loved the Launcher and after hearing some stuff on here as well as hitting a couple balls....I have decided to make the jump (keeping the Launcher, just in case)

My question is, I can pick up a used one with the Graf Comp NT for $150, OR spend about $50 more and get the Proforce V2.....

Is the NT a pretty good shaft? is it worth the extra $50 for the V2 over the NT??

What say ye????

There's no good answer for this question, as it all depends on what shaft would work for your game. You need to hit some balls with both a HiBore, with both shafts, then you will know which one is best for you. As to the price, I have to wonder why the driver with the more expensive shaft is selling for less money? That doesn't make a lot of sense, and that I believe is the reason someone asked about whether it was in fact a Comp NT shaft.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Guys like Eracer, Slingblade, ect. couldn't hit that shaft to save their lives in that TEE. I could bomb it.
R35

Why do I feel like an ex-girlfriend just told 600 of her girlfriends all about my (ahem...) "short" comings.

🔥 Latest posts