• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ok guys should I pull the trigger and buy this Driver?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I wouldn't touch that one with a 10ft. pole. I'd say there is no more than a 50/50 chance it's real. Seller has low feedback and has only sold FT-5's and Odyssey putters, 2 of the most common to be fakes on Ebay. Check Callaway pre-owned and Global Golf first.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Not really, he's using the same pic for the other one he's selling. They all do that. Believe me, you're better off paying little more for one you know for sure is real.

OP
h3king

h3king

Junior Pro
Jun 14, 2007
well I went to the Callaway site and just purchased my new driver. :D

This will be the first good club I have in my bag. Now im looking for a decent set of irons for around 250 or less any ideas guys. I think I want blades, sometimes with a nice feel.

Garrett

Sep 15, 2006
+1 I recieved a fake Callaway Driver back in the day from Ebay. I was so ticked off.

OP
h3king

h3king

Junior Pro
Jun 14, 2007
Are those ben hogans blades, they look like it?

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
well I went to the Callaway site and just purchased my new driver. :D

This will be the first good club I have in my bag. Now im looking for a decent set of irons for around 250 or less any ideas guys. I think I want blades, sometimes with a nice feel.

If you go blades, look at the Tommy Armour Silver Scots. I have them and love them and they are $150 or less brand new and come with Rifle Flighted shafts.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Are those ben hogans blades, they look like it?

Those are cavity backs. Anything that has a "divot" in the back of the head is a cavity back. Much more forgiving than a blade. More up the alley of a budding golfer. :thumbs up:

Blades look sweet, but should be only garnished by experienced players.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I freakin hate my blades. To hit them consistantly I have to make sure I keep on top of practicing with them.

Of course, when I need to draw a ball around a tree that I thought I could clear...I love em!

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Mizuno MP-30's. You could pick them up for under $225 if you spend enought time watching on ebay. I bought mine 3 years ago in like new condition for $200 + ship, so id imagine that prices have come down at least a tad.

A great set of irons. Enough forgiveness for a mid capper with still a ton of workability.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Despite the Apex Plus being cavity backs, they share many of the characteristics of it's Apex (blade) heritage: thin topline, thin sole, minimal offset. I have hit both, and the Apex Plus ain't that much more forgiving than a true blade.

Go get some Big Berthas if you want forgiving.

🔥 Latest posts