• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK Here goes

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Game improvement or Super Game Improvement Irons. Right now I am not hitting under 100, but I am sure I can get into the low or mid 90's with the clubs I have.
What defines wheter I should get GI or SGI clubs.

In the Game Improvement Category from Golf Digest "Hot List" the clubs I like are:
1)Callaway X-18(Editors pick in this category)
2)Ping G-5
3)And to a lesser extent the Callawy Fusion

In the Super Game Improvement Category my choices are:
1)Callaway Big Bertha
2)Nike Slingshot(Editors Pick in this category)
3)Tour Edge Bazooka

What do you guys think?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Big Berthas are a good choice. I played BB's to around a 6 handicap no problem. They're generously soled and have a thick topline that screams confidence, which is what every game improving player wants.

Slingshots suck in my opinion, but that's me.

G5's are nice, I've only hit the 7 iron a couple of times. They feel like every other Ping iron i've ever hit.

Tour Edge Bazooka? I'd shy away from anything that has a name like this...lol.

X-18's are good clubs. If you like the look of them, maybe buy a used set of X-14's. Many tour pros still use these clubs today because they have such good feel.

My vote goes for the Big Berthas. Having played them, and being a decent player, I can say that they'll do nothing but improve your game. However, that being said, only practice and patience with them will ultimately achieve your goals. But if you stick to them and hit the range as much as you can - hell, even chipping in the backyard will help! - you'll be inside 100 in no time!

Good luck with your choice!

R35

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
I will be inside 100 within my next 2 trips

I know that sounds like smack but I am sure of it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.