• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK here is the deal

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
My best friend and I are going golfing here in a couple of hours and while I was outdriving him by over 100 yards a drive last summer, he has been taking lessons. So in order to insure that I am still going to bury him off the first couple of tees, I am warming up a couple of golf balls. Should I throw them in the oven at 200* or put them in 140* water?

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
And yeah I know I am a bastard, that goes without saying, but those of you who compete with your friends will understand.:)

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Neither.

Get yourself some of those hand warmers and wrap a few golf balls in them or put them in your golf ball compartment in the bag. Just as illegal, but less likely to damage your golf balls.

Drowning your golf balls in hot water may make them seek out the same conditions on the course. :D

Baking golf balls may change the properties of it in a bad way. There is rubber inside there whose properties may change with uneven heating.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
yeah dave,
A+ for for effort, D- for the results. by the time you get from the oven to the course the balls will have lost any heat gained. best thing to do is keep your golf balls close to your other ones.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Hand warmer better then water, water better then oven. Convection heating vs. conduction heating. Conduction is always faster so handwarmer or water would have quickest affect. I like your mindset. I am the same way when I play sssmokin!! :D

OP
Davebud

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Thanks guys Hand Warmer it is, and I guess I can keep them close to my other ones with that, should help me to keep from freezing anything off I might have use for later.:laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hand warmers are the best thing, whenever I play tournaments I keep two or three in a pocket and put my balls between them. :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I use those chemical handwarmers in the winter religiously and rotate balls out of my pocket on each tee...

Certainly nothing illegal about it and every little bit helps...

🔥 Latest posts