• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

OK - it's warm everywhere - Who's playing?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Ima sick and tired of hearing about snow and cold weather. Everybody at this site should be ready to hit it this weekend.

Here's a poll:

1) Who is playing?
2) Where are you playing?
3) what score do you predict for yourself?

I (think) I have a game at Shoal Creek on Sunday afternoon. Weather: 73 and sunny.

I predict I'll have an 85...

Come on people - belly up to the bar...last weekend before we start our tournament.

I would think you Canucks would be just drooling by now.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Not playing :(

I used up all my good guy points on the florida trip. I have to work tomorrow and the wife does a day shift on sunday (Dang it!)

I think I'll scrape the old paint off the house. :faintthud

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I'm not going to be playing either. Church projects all weekend, and a baseball game Sunday afternoon. I may take off Monday afternoon and play, though.

Shoal Creek, huh? I'm jealous. Hope it works out for you. Never had the opportunity to play it myself, but my brother says it's great. I did finagle myself onto Ol' Overton once, though.

BTW, is it too late to sign up for thr tourney? I've been so busy at work lately it slipped my mind.

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Speaking of tournament, what's the deal with the fuzzyfrenzy site? I log on and enter scores, but there's no way to see what else is going on or edit what I put in.

Is there some sort of organizational piece I'm missing?

BTW, I may play this weekend. I'll at least go to the range.

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Actually it snowed here for most of the day yesterday...it all melted right away but its still won't be playable here til sometime next week.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
We aren't playing until NEXT weekend? The last post I saw was April 30th, tomorrow. Must have missed a post.

Usually Saturday Morning skins game with 12-16 mens club members at Columbia GC. Nothing too special.

Sunday is 24-man team, Columbia vs. Theo Wirth, another local GC. We made it to the final 4 last year in our class here in MN (mostly metro teams) and lost in a playoff in order to not make the finals.

The first two rounds are combined score home&homes with other clubs. If you win your first two matches then it's one match on a neutral course the rest of the way. It's pretty fun. It's 2-man BB match play, 3-point must system. Front, back, overall all worth a point with halves.

I'm just hoping it's warmish.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I'm in. 8 degrees tomorrow, apparently, sunshine in the morning, so that'll be all good.
Practiced some chipping, pitching, and putting, and of course full swing.

So the tourney starts tomorrow?
bd?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Been raining like crazy here in VT all month. Been out a few times, shot an 80 this morning with only 2 pars???????? Hopefully will get out tomorrow am while the baby is sleeping :)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
just got back from the largest h.s. golf tourney in kansas, did very well in my opinion , it was raining, windy, and like 35 degrees all day, shot an 82, my lowest tournament score ever,

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's about +4 here right now and snowing off and on.

Ya, i'm in for tommorrow. :(

I'll be installing the dishwasher instead. How do you rate using plumbers tape in Stableford format?

R35

igneous

Mar 24, 2005
snow at lake tahoe this weekend. This spring has sucked big time. The warm weather just wont consistently show up.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I was due to play a 9 hole course tomorrow, but now it looks like rain, so we should be going on Sunday instead. We'll see.

We've just come off a week of 24* highs. Felt like July around here. Quite nice.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
igneous said:
snow at lake tahoe this weekend. This spring has sucked big time. The warm weather just wont consistently show up.

I like your site.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Played 9 and then surprise more rain... normally I don't mind a little rain, but the course is a swamp, so I decided to bag it after 9.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.