• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Old stuff must go

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have a few things to get rid of...

Taylormade 200steel fairways. 3W S-90, 4W R80, 5W R80 all Rifle steel shafts. $30each, 2 for $55 all for $75. That price is shipping incluced, CONUS.

R5TP 8.5* Txxxx serial Grafalloy NT proto 85-S. $135 shipped.

R5TP 10.5* Rombax 7W06 stiff $185 shipped.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I forgot I also have a 15* Vsteel head. It has scratches and small indentation in the head I didn't see when I bought it. Does not affect play. Looking for $25 for this shipped. Drop a .350 shaft in it and it will be a super solid fairway wood.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I'll consider it. Believe it or not I have no way to have it pulled right now. The shop let the kid go who worked in there and they have nobody to do it. I told the manager I would be interested in the postion and he said he'd consider and look into it. Let's see how it goes, I might consider shipping it to you to pull if you would get the head on Ebay Canada for me. That's where the $$ is.
icon10.gif
I hate to part with it but the thing just goes right way too easy. Shaft is a beauty but I think the Speeder is better for my swing.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Hey Ez, friend of mine might be interested in that head, could you get some pics of it?

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Ez for as many clubs as you buy, old for you is about a day or two.:D

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Here's some pics of the Vsteel 15* head.

I got bored with a sharpie... this will come off and the other "marks" are from the price stickers.
v1.jpg

It sits pretty square and the imperfections are not all that visible from an adress position
v3.jpg

Here's the worst looking picture I could get. You can see the scratches from face/crown area and the indentation just outside center on the top.

v2.jpg
v1.jpg
v3.jpg
v2.jpg

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Hey Ezra

Is that 10.5 TP with the Rombax still available? If so, does it have a headcover or weight kit or anything. And if you could give me a condition rating, that would be awesome.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yes I do. Yes on the TP headcover, no on the weight kit. I can include a 10g, 6g, and 2g. I have no tool. I use a T25 torx bit to change the weights, same thing as the "tool".

I would rate it a solid 8 with no major flaws, scratches or dings on the head. The shaft is new and was uncut when I had installed like less than 2 months ago. Only problem is there is about a 1/16" space between the hosel and ferrule. This is called "ferrule creep" and should not affect play. I want to have it fixed at the shop where it was installed and will look into it next week.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Sounds good, Ez. I'd love to see some pics of the head and shaft. I took my old R5 N out for a spin today, so I'm really interested in your TP. How does the Rombax play? I think that are SS are close to the same (about 110).

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
All the specs for the Rombax can be found on Fujikura's site under Tour Shafts. It is the 7W06 model. It plays pretty much a true stiff with mid/high bendpoint, good feel and very stable. I got a ballflight almost exactly like you see on the shaft in this picture. Since the face angle is square to slightly open (I beleive it to be slightly open) my good drives would drop in from left to right, about a 2-3 yd. fade.

attachment.php

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Why do I have this sinking feeling like I'm about to lose a child... have you hugged your driver today?
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online