• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ole Launcher

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
After lots of problems with the driver, I have been playing without one, with a cb2 who needs a damn driver, lol. Well I slipped the launcher back into the bag last week and man I have just been killing it, I played yesterday and hit a few on the range and I had several I didnt even see land. I'm still looking for a ft-5 with the right shaft but the ole launcher with a good swing has to be one of the best drivers ever made:smilie_cl

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Rockford would agree with this, and so will I.

The Launcher 460 is a BOMBER. That head can absolutely demolish the ball. I hit the longest drives of my life with that stick. I still think about her... I mean it... all the time.

400 yard par 4 uphill at Green Lakes State Park. There's a bell 300 yds out to ring when the next group is safe to tee off. Fairway is straight and uphill for about 100 yards then plateaus about 20 feet above where you're standing on the tee.

15 yards past the bell.

Cleveland did something right with that driver, and I think they're losing business focusing ONLY on the hibore. They should've done two lines; the traditional launcher, and the weirdo Hibore.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I played with a guy that had a launcher in the bag today - I love the grey paint they used - wish more clubs looked like this

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I hit some of the longest drives of my life with an 8.5* 460 mated to a Graf Blue shaft. I could smoke that thing.

In fact, I sold it once, then bought it back because it was so good (you know who you are. :D)

I'm gonna start looking for one of those to have around for fun.

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
rock, wasn't that one that you had bent open a couple degrees somehow?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i kinda want one too now. I've got a 75-X Prolaunch blue that I've been wanting to make into a long driver and just hammer, an 8.5 launcher would be sweet.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The Launcher 460 titanium is the good one. The Launcher 460 Comp is a piece of s**t. :)

Well, the Comp is longer than the 460Ti version from all accounts. But it's a pain to change shafts in.

Get the original 460 if you can find one. It's a rocket launcher.

The one I had was the 8.5* head, which is open from the factory.

R35

shanemc13

Sep 19, 2006
I have a Launcher 460 TI 9.5 that I could probably be convinced to sell if someone wants one. Loved that driver. Was going to keep it for sentimental value lol.

Members online

No members online now.