• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Olympic Golf

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I wouldn't mind checking it out, but it would have to be available to stream from somewhere when I have time.

I'll have to look it up and see when/where I can watch it. I don't have cable or broadcast television so I have a hard time getting some stuff.
Like lucky, laid, hard...

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
The camera work is - sorry - but terrible. Why don't they use any long camera shots? Instead we get a shot of the player swinging, then a close up of a golf ball flying through the air and then landing somewhere. Then they zoom in even closer on the ball on the ground. I know what a golf ball looks like. I can't get a feel for the shape of the shot. This is how they used to broadcast PGA events until they developed the accu-tracker or whatever you call it, with the split screen. But what I would like is a good long camera shot from behind the golfer. Show me what I'd be seeing if I were standing there. I mean, move the camera around but the main thing I want to see is the ball in relation to the course - not a ball with clouds behind it.
That's my rant.

Libre

Jul 29, 2007
Country
I've been watching it and it's better than I described above - about the same as PGA events. I still dislike the close ups of the ball in flight but after all it's most enjoyable, especially without all the product endorsements all over their hats and shirts.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
First I’m going to say, both the Korda sisters are pretty friggin awesome!! But only one now has a gold medal 🥇

I’m a little upset at the coverage the golf (both for the men and women) got here in Canada. I realize where the games were held, so the time difference was expected. I found it very difficult to find on tv, not on at a silly time!!

From what I did see, the course was pretty cool, design wise and the terrain was damn neat. The different grasses played havoc with those unfamiliar with them, which is a neat little idiosyncrasy of this game. Grasses are different all around the world! It was also quite cool to see a lot of new faces, players I’ve never heard of or seen before. Made it more fun to watch, the very little I did see.

🔥 Latest posts