• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

On upgrading old irons

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
I have a set of Ping BeCu ISI's that I purchased in 1996. Love the set up and feel and could not find a new set that duplicated this.
What I ended up doing is going to The Complete Golfer in White Plains, N.Y. For $100.00 they did an analysis of the clubs' performance with my swing. Then used other clubs and shafts with my swing to show a comparison. This is what I would describe as a club diagnostic center. They checked lofts, swing weights, swing speed, trajectory, ball spin, shaft weight and lengths. I found my clubs were way too heavy, did not have consistant swing weights and not one loft matched Ping's loft degree specs. BTW, this is not uncommon with other manufacturers as well.
I got the lofts bent to the correct degrees and trajectories, had new Nippon R shafts put on that were 25 grams lighter and new grips that were also lighter and trued up the swing weights. This cost me about $385.
It's like having new irons. Just fantastic. The best part is that I kept the ISI copper heads that I didn't want to give up. Just a great experience and worth every penny.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well good to hear a good story on here from time to time!

🔥 Latest posts