• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

On your backswing...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Also I hear alot of times somebody tell their playing partner to keep their head and down and the first thing they do is burry the head into the chest causing a horrible shoulder turn. I just focus my left eye on the back of the ball and this will help you keep your head behind the ball and also chin not burried, you'll find this should cure you head moving problems.

Very true and I've heard it so many times myself. There a difference between "keep your head down" and "keep your eye on the ball". I've come to the conclusion that I am a very, very good ballstriker out of trouble because I'm not so focused on the target as I am focused on making a good strike. I am actually focused in a single dimple on the back of the ball from a trouble lie. Same with bunker shots, I've hit some very good ones and my old friend gave me the advice that helped it the most. I keep my left eye focused on a single pebble or granule just behind my ball.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I think it's a big big myth - in your natural swing your head will always move slightly - what is far more important is swinging with the lower body to get the rest going in the right order.

Worrying about your head won't help this but if you do swing down legs/shoulders/arms/hands it will look after itself. Same applies to the backswing.

I think the "buried head in chest" observation is a pertinent one and that's exactly the kind of fault that can creep in if you become too wrapped in the head business. Spine angle and shoulder turn should be your focus.

He says with the authority of a 12 hcap :(

🔥 Latest posts