• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ONE BLOODY STROKE!

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
yeah so monday we had a challenge match on the team. i was challenging the guy a spot ahead of me who is a good friend of mine. Anyway...i didnt know it but whoever won was gonna get to go to a tourney that was today. Anyway it ends up we tie...which means he keeps his spot...and he got to go to the tourney today and miss school! i should of won too...see he couldnt find his ball that he teed off with and when the kid we were golfing with wasnt looking i just let my friend drop a ball and continue like nothing happened... so i should of won...but o well...if id have known that the winner was going to the tourney i would have made him go back and re tee off!

so yeah one stroke less and i could of taken over 6th spot on the traveling team.

brahma05

Mar 27, 2006
I think the bible says something about cheating on a golf course...It will come back to haunt you.....Case in point, I was playing Golf with my brother-in-law about 1 month ago....This guy is always a "by the book type"...Anyways we were playing on one of the toughest holes in Oklahoma....It is a Par 5 that you cannot hit driver off of the tee so the hole plays even longer...He puts 1st shot in fairway and then lays up on 2nd shot.....His 3rd shot looks to sail long and over the green....There is considerable amounts of leaves, sticks, and other forms of Mother Nature laying around....We are looking for his ball and find it....He chips out for his Fourth shot....When I asked him to remove the pin for a long putt, I see this look of Holy Crap on his face.....His ball didn't fly over the green, but in the cup instead for an eagle!!!!!!!!!!!He finished playing his other ball two putted with an additional 2 penalty strokes for an 8 instead of a 3 on one of the toughest holes in Oklahoma....The funny thing is he lost 2 balls ealier in the day by hitting them over the greens...I helped him look for them and found about 10 balls that were not his in tall native grass and he took drops on those two holes.....I still give him crap to this day......

Matthew_22

Mar 31, 2006
Haha brahma05, I wish I could have been there to see that.

And I wouldn't be too worried about not making the team, missing one day of school is not really that big a deal. Plus, I'm sure there will be other tourneys that you will make.

OP
lildudejds

lildudejds

Shut up ya dumb beaver...
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2005
yeah there will be...just that was my one good chance....but i dont mind..its over now and i get a new driver today:) so im happy

Members online