• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

One lesson, and I'm Tiger!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Look! The first picture is before my lesson. Note that I'm NOT like Michelle Wie...

The second picture is after the lesson. I'm just like Tiger!!
050507b.jpg
050507a.jpg

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Eracer,

I'd recognize those GolfTec images anywhere! Did you purchase a series or was this a one-off? I've been going to them since last September (3 lessons down and 3 to go) and they have worked magic (taken 6 strokes off the cap so far)!! Having the audio/video up on the web so you can "retake" a lesson anytime is such a valuable feature!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
You mean fatter, don't you?

I get it, people...I get it...

Here's the thing, with the kind of shape Tiger is in as well as the other top pros (sans P. Mickey) just about all of us can be classified this way!

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Here's the thing, with the kind of shape Tiger is in as well as the other top pros (sans P. Mickey) just about all of us can be classified this way!

I know. I also know that when you post your picture on a forum, it's open season. Which is why a lot of the guys don't. It's cool - just a bit tiresome.

Anyway - I'm looking forward to seeing a proper swing develop. My instructor told me to practice what I'd been taught, and not worry about ball flight. Thank goodness. I went to the range after, and worked hard to do what he'd taught. I did hit some awful shots, but also hit some really nice, effortless shots. A little distance loss, but much less than expected.

I've got 9 more lessons with the same guy paid for, and I think it's going to be a good thing. I love the instant feedback of the high-speed cameras. I bought a practice plan too, and I'm going to be spending some lunch hours hooked up and hitting balls. Glad to hear it's working for you.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I know. I also know that when you post your picture on a forum, it's open season. Which is why a lot of the guys don't. It's cool - just a bit tiresome.

Anyway - I'm looking forward to seeing a proper swing develop. My instructor told me to practice what I'd been taught, and not worry about ball flight. Thank goodness. I went to the range after, and worked hard to do what he'd taught. I did hit some awful shots, but also hit some really nice, effortless shots. A little distance loss, but much less than expected.

I've got 9 more lessons with the same guy paid for, and I think it's going to be a good thing.

That's awesome. I know when I first went out after the tweaks I found that my "good" shots became great and my "bad" shots became just awful. I also found it extremely uncomfortable to swing the club initially.

After several months though of diligently doing drills I'm finding that my good shots are still "great" but my "bad" shots aren't that bad at all. (they actually look a lot like my pre-lesson 'good' shots...) Also, all the new positions I was getting into are now my natural feeling positions and the old goofy ones now feel awkward!

Btw, I picked up a momentus to do all my drills with. Having the weighted club has really helped cement the muscle memory as well as help increase my strength and swing speed.

As for the pic posting. Let me see if I can't give you some support and get a snapshot of one of my lessons off the site. Be right back... ;)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I was referring to the angle at which you bring back the club. It looks like you are on a much flatter plane than Tiger from the comparison picture.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I was referring to the angle at which you bring back the club. It looks like you are on a much flatter plane than Tiger from the comparison picture.

I was joking, you know? There's no way I'm anything like Tiger. And I never will be. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...:laugh:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I was joking, you know? There's no way I'm anything like Tiger. And I never will be. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...:laugh:

LOL!

Okay, I got some good before and after stuff off the site and will throw it up in the hacker's section...

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Actually he looks alot "flatter" than Michelle!
But that's probably a good thing!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maybe I should compare myself to Phil...:laugh:

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I wonder when Callaway is gonna start making "man bras"...

:ugly25:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.