• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

One of the best of all time - gone with injury

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK - American college football fans....it's that time of year and we are cranking up the fan machines getting ready to go.

Two years ago, Alabama had one of its greatest players to ever play for the team, go down with a compound leg fracture after having a stunning season....Tyrone Prothro. Sadly, it was announced today that after two full years and multiple surgeries, he will never set foot on the field again.

Watch this video, it starts out slowly showing him being carted off the field....then at the middle you will see some of the most stunning pure athetic SPEED ever. The guy had an afterburner that would torch opponents.

And of course the Tour de Force, the final catch in the last one minute of the video....named The Best College Football Play of 2005 by voters. He catches the ball behind the back of the defender while clutching it to the other guy's helmet....all the while vaulting over the other player into the end zone.

We only had him for a season and a half....a great player...

YouTube - Tyrone Prothro

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
That's a helluva highlight reel for only one season. What a shame for kid with kind of talent to be hurt like that. I love that little burst of speed he put on defenders.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That last catch was a thing of beauty. He certainly seemed to have some skills. I particulary liked his field vision. It's not often you see young players looking 20-30 yards downfield as they run.

I hope he got a good education and is able to have a successful and happy life. I know his dream was football, and it's a shame that dream was shattered, but hopefully he can rebound and have a good life.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
He's a good kid....he needs to take the college scholarship and get his degree and become a State Farm Agent.

He'd be a set for life!!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
:( What a shame. Amazing plays there, especially the last one.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Great speed there.

One interesting thing, if you look at the ESPN video which shows some more footage of the catch, it looks like he actually loses possession when he's upside down on his neck. I guess he had possession long enough and had broken the plane. Remarkable play.

🔥 Latest posts