• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

One of the Most Scariest Moments of my Life

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Time was 7:45pm. Sitting on the bed watching T.V. All I hear is my mom running up the stairs. She comes in my room and say "the neighbor's garage exploded and started on fire." I run down the stairs and look out the door in horror, it was the sight that no one wants to see. I'm running around not knowing what to do, and my mom is freaking out. Then soon enough the fire siren goes off. We go out on the lawn and tons of people are already gathering around. It was the one if not the scariest moments ever. I shouldn't have worried about it as it was my neighbor's garage. He went to the hospital but he was sitting up so he should be alright. I got a few pictures after the firemen got the blaze out. As I'm typing this they are tearing it down to make sure that it is all out. I'm sorry for such a long post but I feel better if I get my thoughts down. Now I think I'm going to be paranoid. I never want to see something like that this close to home.

ai163.photobucket.com_albums_t296_racequad450_Picture001_2.jpg

ai163.photobucket.com_albums_t296_racequad450_Picture002_2.jpg

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I'll forgive your title this time, as you seem a little freaked out right now.

Anyway, that's a real shocker. Fires, explosions, etc are pretty scary, especially knowing that a fire could happen to your own home pretty easily.

I'm glad it sounds as if nobody was seriously injured.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Good to hear everyone turned out alright.

Thats too bad though, :(

OP
Topflite_D2

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Oh yeah now after I read the title I realized it should read "One of the Scariest Moments of my Life."... I think any ways. Yeah mike that's what scared me our house is really old so it could happen too easy. Its horrible too because it took the firefighters a while to get here, since they are volunteers.

OP
Topflite_D2

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Haha nah I'm pretty sure this was no meth lab. The guy has be in his late 30's to early 40's. It wasn't that big of explosion just enough to start it on fire. I'll be interested in hearing what the cause was. I'll see if they say anything on the news today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
House right around the corner from my work blew up last month...literally blew up. Walls are gone & house is a complete loss. Woman who lived there was a nurse & she was home at the time, lived for about a week afterwards. Still haven't given an official cause yet.

🔥 Latest posts