• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Only 51 shopping days......

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
until my 52nd birthday so it's time to get some ideas.

I'm thinking about a push cart. I've walked my last couple of rounds using an old pull cart and really noticed the tug on my shoulders and back going up hills. I can spin it around and push it but was wondering how much easier the push carts are.

I searched the site but would really appreciate a little more detail if any of you have opinions. I've also noticed that most people seem to prefer Sun Mountain. Are they really $100.00 better than Bag Boy? If they are fine, just wondering.

One other thing for you people with bad backs. It really is easier on my back to walk than it is to ride. Go figure that my doctor knew what the hell he was talking about.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
That's pretty near my birthday. If you people decide to buy Dave something, send it my way first for, errm, testing purposes. Yeah, that's it.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My 28 year old body will pay for this in smirks and shots, but here goes...

I have a pull cart. It makes a huge difference in the later stages of a round on your back after lugging around that carry bag with 14.....15....16....17 clubs in it. :D I just got a new Ogio Cart bag for X-mas and I plan on wearing it out this year. Honestly Dave, it will save your back and then some. And if it allows you to play better golf....hell, to even just play golf, then get one. They're cheap and work like a charm. Plus you can put more beer in a cart bag. :D

A slight thread jack, but I fell off the wagon last night. I saw it, couldn't resist. Stupid E-bay.

"Callaway 454 Ti 8*with SST Pure Grafalloy Blue (stiff), 9.9/10".

We'll see how things shake out.

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
A slight thread jack, but I fell off the wagon last night. I saw it, couldn't resist. Stupid E-bay.

"Callaway 454 Ti 8*with SST Pure Grafalloy Blue (stiff), 9.9/10".

We'll see how things shake out.

R35

ho. :p

Thinking about an Ogio bag as well but doubt I'll get both.

No worries about beer anyway since one of the guys in our group says he'll never walk so he carries the water and beer in a cart. :beach3:

I'm playing this afternoon and plan to walk again. I'm starting to like it but it's gonna take a few rounds to really get the hang of it. I keep doing dumb things like heading for the cart path from the tee box or leaving my drink on the ground next to the pull cart. Maybe it's early senility.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I've known 3 people who owned the Sun Mountain and swore by it. The only negative I ever heard was the original model had no brake, which has since been fixed.
When I used to walk, I had a pull cart and really hated the thing. I did alot of research on Push carts, and they are supposed to be 10 times better on your body. I also heard the Sun Mountain was tops. Eventually my pull cart fell apart, so I deposited it in the trash, swore I would buy a push cart and lugged my bag the rest of the round. I actually liked hauling the bag on my back, so I never did get a push cart. Now I live in an area where you are pretty much forced to ride.

I also have great luck with both OGIO and Sun Mountain bags. I currently use a C-130 Sun Mountain Cart bag after comparing it to the OGIO. It may be a little big even for a push cart. I also have the OGIO Woode Stand Bag. Great for walking, you may want a little bigger model for the push cart. If you carry alot of woods, it is ideal. My original bag was a Sun Mountain stand bag, it was lighter and a great bag, but the zipper gave out after a couple 100 rounds. I think I like the OGIO better for stands and Sun Mountains better for Carts.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Dave, I just turned 54. When the courses will let me walk, I use an electric trolly, a Wildcat, which I bought from Rockbottom Golf for $170 delivered. It's not as fancy as many of the others, but it does the job.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
SiberianDVM said:
Dave, I just turned 54. When the courses will let me walk, I use an electric trolly, a Wildcat, which I bought from Rockbottom Golf for $170 delivered. It's not as fancy as many of the others, but it does the job.
I don't think they would allow me on a course with one of those. I would get one with the remote, and anytime the group in front of me played to slow, I would send it up and circle the green. Although it would allow you to hold a beer in one hand and cigar in the other, which was always a pain with a pull cart.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The remote controlled one are WAY out of my price range.

I do have to keep a hand on this one to keep it going straight, and I have had to chase the bitch down a few times when I forgot to turn it off. :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
The remote controlled one are WAY out of my price range.

Sounds like you need to do some more canine castrations ;)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Did 2 little dog ovariohysterectomies yesterday. I remember when I used to be able to knock 5 major surgeries out in a day. Now 2 or 3 is about all I can handle in a day.

Getting old is a bitch. :D

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
"Getting old is a bitch. "
LOL
While on the the subject of old and pull carts - a buddy and I caught up with my dad on the course yesterday after Dad had walked the first 8 and was about to tee off on no. nine. He joined up with us (us in the cart, him walking) and walked another 18. walking 26 in a day is not bad for an old geezer of 83. He has a stack in the shed of bag boy wheels he has worn off the rims :). and yes he can shoot his age pretty easily.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
you got the callaway through yet, Rock >? Sounds pretty tasty, does that.

I am loving my R7, but would maybe just prefer the head to be a teeny-weeny bit bigger. I reckon I would obtain more confidence with a marginally larger head. Don't see it being too much of a problem, however.

New R7 looks fair tasty, though....:D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It'll be a week yet before the big(ger) stick gets here. Haven't fully decided if I'm going to keep it or not. I demo'd one this summer when they first were selling like crazy and loved it. But I was just thrashing my GBBII, so I had no reason to pick up a second driver. Still don't. :D

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
It'll be a week yet before the big(ger) stick gets here. Haven't fully decided if I'm going to keep it or not. I demo'd one this summer when they first were selling like crazy and loved it. But I was just thrashing my GBBII, so I had no reason to pick up a second driver. Still don't. :D

R35

Sure you did, you're a ho, it's what you do. :p

🔥 Latest posts