• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oops I did it again...

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
He's bang on as far as this is concerned! LOL.

Whiteboard?

Edit: I didn't read all the way through when I went with my guess.

I'm shocked that the Fubuki was the choice, considering it's at the exact opposite end of the scale against every other shaft in your list.

My guess is that you were hitting poorly fitted shafts until you went off the map and found something better made for your swing.

I hated the Fubuki in everything except the FT-IQ. I killed it in that.

R35

Ya - the issue is if you want low spin AND low launch, you need to play something gross feeling. I prefer some life, but yet smooth... getting action and low spin is hard.

The Fubuki isn't a low launch shaft by any means, but the D3 head sure is. The Fubuki is awesome in it, if you already hit it high to begin with like I do. It was fun to try a bunch and see the different numbers AND be outdoors to get the visual feedback.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ya - the issue is if you want low spin AND low launch, you need to play something gross feeling. I prefer some life, but yet smooth... getting action and low spin is hard.

The Fubuki isn't a low launch shaft by any means, but the D3 head sure is. The Fubuki is awesome in it, if you already hit it high to begin with like I do. It was fun to try a bunch and see the different numbers AND be outdoors to get the visual feedback.

Not only fun, but essential. Real world shots really tell the true tale.

Glad you found your winner. Now get out there and hammer it.

R35

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Fubuki arrived today :)

I of course went to the range and grabbed a small bucket, I quit after about 25 bombs right down the pipe in a row... silly really.

I have 2 rounds coming up and a scramble tourney in 2 weeks. I will get a good idea on carry distance then.

As far as dispersion goes, I don't know - I think I am just maybe grooving it right now, I played a backup that I have never hit before on Sunday (R510 TP - Fujikura Tour Release 27.3) and hit 12-14 fairways.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Glad to hear you found your shaft VT! Wish they had demo days where I live, I'm stuck guessing and hoing shafts like crazy and selling the ones that dont work. Got a Project X 7B3 (6.5 flex) coming on Thursday that hopefully will suit a lot better. If not I might have to fork out the dough for a Whiteboard or real Ahina.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
That 7B3 is a sledgehammer of a shaft. The 7C3 is plently stiff, especially if you're in a X-flex Whiteboard.

That said, throw it in something and crank it. Maybe an FT Tour? :D

R35

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Fubuki arrived today :)

I of course went to the range and grabbed a small bucket, I quit after about 25 bombs right down the pipe in a row... silly really.

I have 2 rounds coming up and a scramble tourney in 2 weeks. I will get a good idea on carry distance then.

As far as dispersion goes, I don't know - I think I am just maybe grooving it right now, I played a backup that I have never hit before on Sunday (R510 TP - Fujikura Tour Release 27.3) and hit 12-14 fairways.

Very nice! What did Titty charge for that shaft with the adapter?

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
MSRP was $200 + tax

The pro gave it to me for $188 + VT Tax = $200

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
1st round - hit some great drives. 2 got away from me - bad swings for sure. Not 12/14 fwy like last weekend, but still very pleased. 2 rounds coming this weekend.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
1st round - hit some great drives. 2 got away from me - bad swings for sure. Not 12/14 fwy like last weekend, but still very pleased. 2 rounds coming this weekend.

Oh, you're just falling apart....;)

R35

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
That 7B3 is a sledgehammer of a shaft. The 7C3 is plently stiff, especially if you're in a X-flex Whiteboard.

That said, throw it in something and crank it. Maybe an FT Tour? :D

R35

Had a 7A3 that just kept producing a 10 yard block with 5 yards of fade. Hoping the next level down will be the right way to go. The miss with the whiteboard is still a hook to the right so trying this to go the other way.

How hard is it to get the adapter off these things?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The 910 adapter thats on it. Sorry, should've specified.

Pulling a 910 adapter is a joke. In fact, I've read many guys are having issues with ferrules and adapters moving because the epoxy/glue they use to affix them is so soft.

If you have a puller, apply heat for 5 seconds and crank it off. Couldn't be easier.

R35

🔥 Latest posts