• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oops....

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Does anyone else get the urge to bid on things on ebay just for the sake of it ?! Well I have done it and on this occasion I have accidently "won" a club I didn't *really* want to buy. it is a Taylor Made 9.5 degree TP driver. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140001698799&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=004

What do you think of it ?

I am going to have to sell my current driver now. How much do you reckon I will get for my R7 with Tour Spec Fujikura Speeder 757 shaft which has been PURED and has a recently fitted Multi Compound grip. The club is 6 months old and comes with wrench, wrench pouch, etc. Would I get a hundred quid for it ? The same club is at 165 plus 10 pounds shipping on ebay.

Andy.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Hey andy if you can wait about two weeks I will give you $170 for it thats in USD I dont know how much in quid.

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Just looked it up $170 would be the equivelent to 92 quid? Would you be interested? If not thats fine.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Hmmmm, would think about it. Plus postage to the U.S. of course, yes...?

Witmaster

Esprit de Corps
Jan 19, 2006
Funny you should mention Drivers... I just yesterday Smashed a Monster Drive for about 305 yards. Best one of my life. I was so proud untill I looked down and noticed the crown on my Driver had a nice crack in it. :(

I guess I'm just gonna have to break down and find me a good Cleveland Launcher somewhere. :)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
You got a bargain with the NT ProtoTPE shaft worth £200? Never heard of that myself. I have a Cobra SZ 460 with the NT Prototype, probably simlar.

Oh, I never buy drivers for the sake of it, I need all 6 of my drivers!!! If I was England manager I think I would have took about 8 strikers to the World cup and we'd probably still be there. Simlar thing I think. I like the glamor clubs/players.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
ManchesterGolfer said:
You got a bargain with the NT ProtoTPE shaft worth £200? Never heard of that myself. I have a Cobra SZ 460 with the NT Prototype, probably simlar.

Oh, I never buy drivers for the sake of it, I need all 6 of my drivers!!! If I was England manager I think I would have took about 8 strikers to the World cup and we'd probably still be there. Simlar thing I think. I like the glamor clubs/players.

Yeah, I knew Sven's lack of forward power would come back and haunt him in the end. Was a pity for them again, but couldn't *really* see them doing France over, tbh.

Yeah, think he is talking b@lls with the 200 quid shaft thing.

He hasn;t replied to my excuse for not taking it yet, though Rockford has almost talked me into buying the thing. Think I might go for a 425 TP in the not too distant, though...:)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
My mate got pissed up once and bought a second world war tank,and i once sold my mate for a million quid and got charged 18k on my credit card.No shit,that really happened,but luckily Ebay gave it back.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Thank feck I didn't buy anything - I shot 3-under for 16 holes there tonight and won the competition. Was hitting the ball real, real good. Thank goodness I refrained from spending any money and stuff...:)

David B

Nuttier than a Squirrel
Apr 21, 2005
That's how I won my Hawk Eye irons... putting in a 'just for giggles' bid and ended up being the highest bidder.

The Hawk Eye's had been going for an average $375 to $425 for the set, and when I saw some going for $185 with five minutes left to go on the auction I bid $205 just for the heck of it... and I won the auction at $203.50.

I figured that since there was still 5 minutes left to go that I'd get outbid by a sniper in the last few seconds, but as luck would have it (my 'bad' luck that is), nobody else wanted them.

In retrospect, though, they are really nice clubs and much easier to hit (now that I've gotten the hang of them) than my old TM Supersteels were, since I can actually play both my 3i and 4i, whereas with the TM's I left those irons at home. The only drawback was that they had Rifle 6.5 shafts in them... can you say "rebar".

The set I won was 4-PW, so I picked up a 3i for $15, a set of Nippon shafts (3-PW) for about $110, some Lamkin grips, and had the set reshafted for less than the average price they were selling for on ebay at the time (they've since dropped somewhat).

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Think I have found my ideal driver. Took out a mate's TM 580XD TP driver with Accra shaft and was booming it there tonight !! Hit one at our 5th hole which we measured as being 380 yards, then another well over 300 at our 7th hole. Cracking driver, like. Have a big comp. next week and am shaping up nicely for it with some good form...:) :)

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Have done, mate. A friend had it for a long time, but I didn;t really like the TP shaft in it, tbh. It was an 8.5 and it gave me a low traj. that I didn't really dig at all, I'm afraid. I see big Clarke is still using this club, though with a Graphite Design shaft....

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The worst driver I have hit had a YS-6+ in,the thing just felt dead,not a fan compared to to the Aldila NV

Members online