• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Open Competitions For Handicap?

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
I've entered loads of Junior Open Competitions at different courses... Quite a lot i've never played before... I'm playing one tomorrow, which is really easy. I should shoot well below my handicap, even if I play crap. What i'm wondering is... If I do play below my handicap, do I have to send the card to my home club to get my handicap adjusted? If I do, i'll almost definitely get cut... If I don't... I won't... I want to get my handicap down, but I want to be able to play to it... I'm not really sure what to do here... Advice?

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Do you swipe your playing card when you go into the club you're visiting's Pro Shop ? If so, then you're sorted. However, I am not sure if Juveniles will do things this way. I am not even 100% that you would get 0.1 back, tbh.

Do you have a juvenile convenyor and that ? My thinking is that they might refrain from dishing out 0.1's to ensure that juveniles don't cry off from playing in case they get put up.

In my day we neveer got point ones back, but I know that our juvenile comps in our club are done much more efficiently these days, as opposed to when I was a nipper.

If you score well, retain your card, or get the card forwarded to your hanicap secretary / general secretary, or juvenile conveyor in your club so that you can be cut. Ensure that you gain knowledge of what the C.S.S. was and cut yourself before another competition in case they happen to be slow to sort your card out.

Hope that made sense...:)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Nope.
icon12.gif

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sorry for the late response Scotty, but yeah they will change it almost always if you shoot well below you're handicap. After 2 years and returning, for some reason my handicap was 16 and I got a 74, needless to say they weren't too pleased and they changed it immediately.

🔥 Latest posts