• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Open Leader Rory McIlroy By the Numbers

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
EXCEPT FOR A SLIGHT MISSTEP out of the gate on Friday, 36-hole Open leader Rory McIlory has played near-flawless golf.

McIlroy bogeyed the 1st hole of his second round. The Northern Irishman then played the next 17 holes in 7 under par to card his second consecutive 66 and open a 4-shot lead on American Dustin Johnson at the halfway point of the major championship at Hoylake.

So much for the Friday curse.

"My second rounds this year have been terrible and there isn't really any explanation," McIlroy said."Hopefully I put it to bed today. It was just another solid a round of golf."

Rory by the numbers through two rounds:
  • 66-66-132 (-12)
  • 13 birdies (T1)
  • 16 fairways hit (57.14%)
  • 27 greens in regulation (75%)
  • 19 one putts (T2)

Source: Open Leader Rory McIlroy By the Numbers

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
He's playing really well that's for sure and it's not like the field is just letting him run away either. There is a lot of talent behind him that could put some pressure on him tomorrow. Either way I'm impressed with what he's done and I love the post round interviews, he's just so real and honest. Ya I'm a new Rory fan!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.