• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Opinions on 3 wood

dunagan15

Aug 17, 2008
Hey guys, Ive been hitting my Callaway Warbirds (3 and 5) woods for a while now and since Ive been playing a lot more and improved they just feel heavy to me and I dont get that good feeling on impact.

I hit them both fairly well but I want to upgrade so that I will get more consistency and distance as well as much lighter.

I absolutely love my TM rescue Burner 19* ( so ive pretty much stoped hitting the 5 wood) but still with the courses I play I need a solid 3 wood.

Any suggestions??? Price..around $130

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Hey guys, Ive been hitting my Callaway Warbirds (3 and 5) woods for a while now and since Ive been playing a lot more and improved they just feel heavy to me and I dont get that good feeling on impact.

I hit them both fairly well but I want to upgrade so that I will get more consistency and distance as well as much lighter.

I absolutely love my TM rescue Burner 19* ( so ive pretty much stoped hitting the 5 wood) but still with the courses I play I need a solid 3 wood.

Any suggestions??? Price..around $130

Go with the Burner 3. Mine had a 50g shaft, and feels extremely light. Extremely easy to hit, too.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Do yourself a favor and try a Tour Edge Exotic 3W before you buy something else. They can be had in your price range if you get a CB1.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'm ditching my 3 & 5 r7 woods today I believe, and I'm getting the Burner T3.

I have a 19* rescue like you(and love it) and I don't use my 5 wood. I just wanted a different 3wood. The 08 Burner line, is an extremely nice 3 wood.

I also will say, check out the TEE line up if you can, and possibly the Ping if your a ping guy.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've got a Tee 4w that is almost as long as my HiBore 3w. The Tee's are crazy long, seriously!

CosmosMpower

Jun 26, 2008
I really like my R7 CGB Max 3 wood, it's very light easy to hit off the deck and I can hit it almost as far as my driver off the tee.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Hate to repeat, but I just picked up the tour burner tp strong 3 wood, and it's just simply "it"..

It's a beast of a 3wood.. I sling this club around faster than an alabama man slings his wife around the trailer.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
If you like your TMade rescue, I don't think you'll be at all disappointed with the Burner 3. I haven't personally hit it, but know a lot of guys who do and they just cream it. I took some practice swings and it feels like a very balanced club.

I purchased a Nickent 3+wood (12*). Its a great club, picked it up for a bill at Rockbottom. They have other choices in loft available. It hits great off a tee or the fairway. Has a nice hybrid look to it. Not at all heavy either.

🔥 Latest posts