• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Orange

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I'm not sure WTF this is, but I gave $30 for it and stuck it in my R7, I'm slowly becoming a driver/shaft ho.

Gonna hit it tomorrow, it sure is orange!
matrix.jpg

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Being a househusband becoming a bit boring, is it? :D

Say, while I've got you here.........how bad does El Paso suck? There is a good job there with a promotion, but I don't know how well I would do in the desert. It is desert isn't it? Do they play golf there, and if so, are the greens still made out of sand?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Being a househusband becoming a bit boring, is it? :D

Say, while I've got you here.........how bad does El Paso suck? There is a good job there with a promotion, but I don't know how well I would do in the desert. It is desert isn't it? Do they play golf there, and if so, are the greens still made out of sand?
I love looking at google earth in the desert all of the sudden there will be this green pasture in the middle of the desert....every time its a golf course...amazes me, i really wonder how much top soil they need to bring in and how much water they have to pump to keep it alive...

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005

El Paso is about 700 miles from Dallas, that's the distance from Atlanta to Chicago. I don't know too much about the place, haven't heard anything bad, in fact El Paso has a pretty good rep, but it's definitely on the border and I'll bet you a shiny new TopFlite that the Mexican druggies (Juarez is just across the Rio Grande) will get your attention. Ask for combat pay and get your carry permit, you'll want one.

I just remembered, FT. Bliss is there so they probably have decent golf (the Generals love their Golf) you would likely have privileges as a non-DOD federal.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
No, it's just one of their older, less expensive lines. You can get them new for around $50 to $55 anywhere.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005
It sucks! It's 70 gram, supposed to be 245, r-flex. Feels alot like a stiff V2. I don't have the swing to make it pop. But it's really orange!

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
I've got an MFS 75 stuck in a Black White Lightening head. These were originally made by APACHE I believe. KJ Choi played the 65g a few years ago and won on tour with it. Very under rated shaft.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
its the "orange crush" choi use to play
matrix and apache use to make great stuff
i had an apache closeout shaft i got from a golfshow in a 5 wood and holy god it was longgggggg, more like a 3 wood that sores like a bird
i wish matrix made some firmer higher bend shafts :(
i cant hit those mid and low bends :(

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
ORANGE! That's pretty awesome. Don't really know if it would fit my swing but it would match my Tennessee bag and head covers perfectly.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
As stated, those were/are the MFS from Matrix.....we still sell them...matter of fact I have one in a couple Hibrids of mine...very smooth feel and nice kick.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
AKA 1" rebar. I have tried a couple of V2's & think they are quite possibly the worst shafts ever.

I think maybe somebody tipped the bejeezus out of my VS Proto or something - you're the second person I've encountered recently that likes the VS Proto but says shafts I consider reasonably soft (for given flex) are overly stiff. I think the V2 in stiff (I have a 65, a 75, and a 65 High Launch) feels nice, but my VS Proto feels like a lead pipe.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
My dad has a V2 stiff in his FT-5 iMix, and that for some reason to me, feel so friggin stiff.. I get nothing from the waggle, it's like steel pipe.

I swear it's stiffer than my 73g X-flex Fubuki.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.