• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ordered my new bow!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
So I mentioned in another thread that I picked up an Arizona EZ fletch Mini(the one for short vanes like blazers).

I had shot off a vane on all but 2 of my arrows...so I was faced with the decision of paying $3 per arrow to have them reflected at the shop, or buying some vanes and a fletching jig so I could do it myself.

I thought about getting a bitzenburger...but I know a guy at work with one, and although they're very functional and can pretty much fletch any shaft with any vane, at any offset or helical, they're super finicky to get setup. They can also only do one vane at a time.

The AEZF does all three vanes with a full right helical at the same time. You can literally do a shaft in 5 minutes, and that's letting it sit for 4 minutes to dry. Insert shaft, insert vanes, slide some glue down the vanes, close it up. Wait desired amount of time(book says 2-3 minutes) and take out. Let cure for 24 hours.

The other great thing is you can replace one fletch without the fear of getting it off from the other two. This thing is so small you can take it anywhere.

Seriously, if you can dress yourself in the morning, you can fletch arrows with this system.

Last edited:
OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So...first day in the deer woods with my new bow...let me tell ya how this went...

First thing this morning...the beans they put in on this field were put in late...so walking through it was impossible....especially since I have a half mile walk through them...SO....I move to a closer spot. Sit down right next to a big bush and directly behind me, inside the bush, something makes a pissed off growling sound the likes of which I doubt the devil has heard. Sounded like a dog...a big dog. So I turn my head slightly, heart pounding, and I can hear whatever it is breathing. It's breathing like a pissed off dog. It's pitch black, I'm patting pockets looking for my 750 lumen flashlight to light this devil spawn up. Can't find it...fell out onto the ground when I sat down(found that out later). This animal was close enough that I'm positive I could have reached out and touched it.

So....my last option, since this thing isn't moving is get the **** out of dodge....went back after the sun came up and got my stuff. No sign of the animal in question.

Second option. Start walking in and looking across a bean field I see a deer. Pull up the binocs and it's a fork. Watching him I notice another deer moving behind him. A really nice chocolate racked 8 point. Probably pushing 125...

He's about 300 yards away across this bean field. There's 100 yards of long grass up to a large concrete silo. So I put the silo between me and him, and make my way down to it. Peak around the silo behind some raspberry bush, and he's about half way across the bean field headed straight towards me. Due west wind, and the deer is due south. He makes it to about 100 yards away, stops, turns around, and slowly walks away form me feeding. I hit the young buck grunt, doe bleat, fawn....he doesn't even look up. Eventually he disappears into the woodline.

Afternoon I found out the land we hunted last year that was leased by the DNR for public hunting is no longer being leased...went for a walk in the public land next to that farm. Had a fawn at 20 yards. Drew on her, but decided to pass her up. Went to some other public land, and someone was in my tree. Perks of public land hunting.

So it was too late to find another spot, so I spent the afternoon watching football. Sucks.

I'm headed back out to where i saw the 8point tomorrow morning.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Was wondering when you were going to put that new bow to work. You have wolves in your area? Had a friend up in a tree hunting and something grabbed him tightly on the shoulder. He about s**t his pants and turned his head to face a huge owl who's big eyes blinked back at him. The owl flew off. That would have been terrifying.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Was wondering when you were going to put that new bow to work. You have wolves in your area? Had a friend up in a tree hunting and something grabbed him tightly on the shoulder. He about s**t his pants and turned his head to face a huge owl who's big eyes blinked back at him. The owl flew off. That would have been terrifying.

No wolves in my area, but we have a massive coyote issue. I'm going to start asking land owners if I can hunt coyote's. Maybe a way I can get some private land to hunt deer on if I take care of some of their coyote issue.

When I first started hunting I was sitting on a log and a Raccoon comes hauling ass down the log I'm sitting on. Hit the brakes about 2 feet from me and kinda snarled at me. He didn't realize my 12ga was laying across my lap and conveniently pointed at him. Slugs turn raccoons inside out.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
No wolves in my area, but we have a massive coyote issue. I'm going to start asking land owners if I can hunt coyote's. Maybe a way I can get some private land to hunt deer on if I take care of some of their coyote issue.

When I first started hunting I was sitting on a log and a Raccoon comes hauling ass down the log I'm sitting on. Hit the brakes about 2 feet from me and kinda snarled at me. He didn't realize my 12ga was laying across my lap and conveniently pointed at him. Slugs turn raccoons inside out.
Import some wolves. They'll take care of the coyote problem.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Ok Clark, let me get this right....you set up before daylight, heard a noise, couldn't find your flashlight, so you dropped everything and took off running to your truck, then went back after daylight and picked up all of your gear and continued the hunt? Heh, I probably would've done the same thing....even though it was probably your stomach growling, lol.

I went in the woods during a full moon once and decided not to use my flashlight. I had the wind in my face and I was walking in on a damp trail so I was really quiet going in. I was probably 75 yards in the woods when I just about stepped on a bedded doe. She jumped up and screamed and ran off and I nearly shit myself. It scared the living f*** out of me. I turned my light on after that. So I know how things can f*** with you when it's pitch black in the woods.

🔥 Latest posts