• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ordered my new bow!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
419 3x.....ouch....on a 430 average...hopefully the other team has a really bad week or my team mates do very well.

I'm starting to punch the trigger. I can feel it happening and sometimes I can overcome it, but it definitely got the best of me this week.

This is a big reason I bought the back tension release to hopefully alleviate this issue.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Been shooting my back tension release all weekend and last night. I usually shoot league on Sunday, but they had a concealed carry class in the range that day, so I'm shooting tonight.

This release is somewhat difficult to get used to....at least for me. I've always shot wrist strap style releases with a trigger...however, in the last 2-3 weeks of league, I could tell I was punching the trigger. Even though I told myself not to, I would find myself pulling the trigger when my pin crossed the X vs letting it float and squeezing the trigger till it went off. I don't seem to have this problem on 3d, or my bag target, or animals...only when shooting spots.

With this new release, it's a complete surprise when the shot will go off. You draw the bow with your thumb on the peg, which is supposed to keep it from firing while drawing. I've only shot one into the concrete wall downstairs so far...probably 5th shot with the release. Sequence is draw, anchor, come off the peg, and pull through the shot with your large back muscles. This pulling will rotate the release in a way that will fire the hinge. Took me about 4 days of shooting to get consistent enough with it to see the benefits, but I'm seeing them now.

I've never drilled the 3/4" dots on my bag target downstairs more often than with this release. I hope I can continue that shooting league tonight.

FYI - I know most of you don't care about this...it's more of a way to keep my scores and progress for myself along with sharing it with yall

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Been shooting my back tension release all weekend and last night. I usually shoot league on Sunday, but they had a concealed carry class in the range that day, so I'm shooting tonight.

This release is somewhat difficult to get used to....at least for me. I've always shot wrist strap style releases with a trigger...however, in the last 2-3 weeks of league, I could tell I was punching the trigger. Even though I told myself not to, I would find myself pulling the trigger when my pin crossed the X vs letting it float and squeezing the trigger till it went off. I don't seem to have this problem on 3d, or my bag target, or animals...only when shooting spots.

With this new release, it's a complete surprise when the shot will go off. You draw the bow with your thumb on the peg, which is supposed to keep it from firing while drawing. I've only shot one into the concrete wall downstairs so far...probably 5th shot with the release. Sequence is draw, anchor, come off the peg, and pull through the shot with your large back muscles. This pulling will rotate the release in a way that will fire the hinge. Took me about 4 days of shooting to get consistent enough with it to see the benefits, but I'm seeing them now.

I've never drilled the 3/4" dots on my bag target downstairs more often than with this release. I hope I can continue that shooting league tonight.

FYI - I know most of you don't care about this...it's more of a way to keep my scores and progress for myself along with sharing it with yall
Glad it's working for you!

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
No, that's fine Lark. I enjoy reading your stories even I have no idea what you're saying.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Well...my first round didn't go great...413 9

Kept good groups but kept missing right for some reason. Not quiet consistent with my anchor yet on this new release. Wasn't steady at all either...

Hoping with some practice the scores will come up once I'm more familiar with it.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Last week of archery league yesterday. Shot my best score so far at 434 12x.

This is my first full game without dropping any arrows out of the gold(x, 10, and 9 rings are gold). I'm finally getting comfortable with my back tension release and I have (at least temporarily) fixed my form issues that were causing excessive pin float.

I had about 4 arrows go off before I even got my thumb off the thumb peg, however, all of them were 9's so that's pretty good when even your misses are hitting gold.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
92289-NO-IDEA-gif-Tommy-Boy-Chris-Fa-gzwc.gif

🔥 Latest posts