• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oreet!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
My annual check in. Lots happened work wise, I'm now living in Devon, the nicest place on the planet, so not much golf, but I'm back.

Treated myself to some new irons, the trusty J33s have seen better days. I love the 2012 Titleist range, so have tested the CBs 712 and AP2. Had the KBS C Tapers in the CB, and Nippon 970, a slightly tip stiffer 950 made for Titleist, in the AP2.

Hated the KBS with a passion, haven't hated a shaft as much since someone forced me to swing Project X, horrid boardy heavy no feel rods of iron. IMHO :)

By contrast the 970 shod AP2s are a delight, yes the flight is higher but being 20gs lighter than the KBS I didn't lose distance, and the AP2s are more forgiving but just as shapable.

Lovely lovely irons and great shaft.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Right Dave. how's the health mate? What you working at these days?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I'm now living in Devon, I work in Devon/Cornwall. Health wise it's taken time to get fit and the back to get sorted, but golf very much back on the agenda, hence the new AP2 712s. A simply stunning head, best I've ever hit.

I need 2 high spinning hybrids, if anyone can suggest any.

🔥 Latest posts