• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Orlando golfing

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Will be there from December 28th through January 2nd. If anyone is free for a round just let me know. I'd like to play in the morning but looked at the fees and will most likely play afternoon if possible to get the discounts.

Looking at Falcons Fire, The Orange National courses, or any in the immediate area.

I'll probably hold off on booking until I get down there on Sunday to see if the Gaylord can give me any discount to Falcons Fire.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
The Gaylord is magnificient. I highly recommend Disney's Magnolia and Palm, really great courses. There was one course that wasn't too populated that I played early on, might have been Falcon's Fire, and I really enjoyed it.

Also, if you're looking for a hotel that is more affordable than the Gaylord the Quality Suites at Lake Buena Vista was primo! Great place, great price.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Got a pretty good deal on the Gaylord. Mother in law hooked us up for a little trip. She'll be there but in a separate room in a separate section of the hotel (or so the desk attendant promised :)).

I'm definitely playing Falcon, don't know about the disney courses as they are pretty pricey. Hopefully I can find some deals of some sort through the hotel. Most of the online trip places I've contacted have the same rates as calling the courses myself.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Falcons Fire is a nice course, but the greens are always terrible. Orange County National is pure awesome, if you stay in orlando and don't go play Crooked Cat, you wasted your trip. Another decent course is Orange Lake C.C. The Legends Course, If you'd like PM me and I can make some calls and see if I can get you a discounted rate.

OP
JArmour

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
PM sent already, thanks!

Now also looking at Sanctuary Ridge if anyone is interested.

stllefty

Dec 30, 2008
St. Louis Missouri
Country
United States United States
Check out Remmington Golf course in Kissimmee, Harmony Golf course East of St. Cloud, These are as good as if not better than Falcons Fire. Less Price.
Another good course on the south side of Orlando is Champions Gate,
just make sure you play the National Course, the international isnt as good. Any questions call me @ 407-883-4926.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Check out Remmington Golf course in Kissimmee, Harmony Golf course East of St. Cloud, These are as good as if not better than Falcons Fire. Less Price.
Another good course on the south side of Orlando is Champions Gate,
just make sure you play the National Course, the international isnt as good. Any questions call me @ 407-883-4926.
I agree with your thoughts on Champions Gate. The National course is much better.

I'll have to check out Remmington.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I'll have to check out Remmington.

Remington is good if your a local resident as they run deals for Orlando/Kissimmee residents. The course is nice and has been in good shape when I have played it. There are some good strategic holes and overall design is a typical Florida course (flat with lots of water.) The course does meander through a lot of houses so you will have that to deal with on most of the holes.

I have played my last few rounds there and have enjoyed it.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Sorry guys for doin a lazarus and resurrecting this thread, but it's a good as anywhere to get a bit of info from ya'll. We're back to Fl again this year in our attempt to win the Emerald Challenge Cup back from you guys. It's a 2 day official practice, 3 day tourney event and takes place around Naples area, including the fantastic Old Corkscrew. Myself and my buddy are heading over a few days early with 2 night stopovers - 1 is definetely Orlando, where we'll play either Grand Cypress/OCN Crooked Cat or Champions Gate National (thanks Eracer).

2nd stopover is undecided, we'll travel I-4 to connect to I-75 and down Ft. Myers/Naples. Logically I suppose we should stopover in Tampa ? .. I don't think I can get out in Innisbrook without staying on the resort and they have minimum 2 night stayovers .....

Anyways, if we stopover in Tampa can you suggest a couple of courses in the area - would prefer if they were near to I-275 or I-75. if you think that we need to get further down the track than Tampa is Sarasota an option ?

I'll think of some more questions as I go, but you've enought to get ya started :D , thanks in advance

Dave

🔥 Latest posts