• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Osama is dead.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Glad he's finally gone, but not looking forward to the potential retaliation.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Not attempting to turn this political...but i do find it absolutely hilarious how people that were vehemently against the war on terror, are now signing praise to Obama for killing Bin Laden. Uh...excuse me? I don't see him doing raids in the sandbox....

Same people that refuse to say thank you to soldiers/veterans because 'they didn't agree with the war, and no one forced them to serve'

I've actually heard 4 people now say 'Yeah, we're coming home!'. Uh, yeah...obviously now that Bin Laden is dead the entire world of terrorism is gone...

a0.tqn.com_d_politicalhumor_1_0_n_U_moran.jpg

PS Tickles me pink that guy is a STL Cardinals fan...lmao

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Its good to know an "evil" person is will no longer harm anybody else, but his death means really nothing compared to what terrorism and organized crime is today. As MCDavis said, there is surely lots of concerns about what would "they" do now as retaliation, specially because I can see people start joking about the Islam and making fun of everything which has happened, and making it worst for keeping it "down".

Many have fought in this war, many have perished in the "attached" situations to the conflict, let's hope it was all for a good cause and their spared lifes really had a meaning and an objective...

Only time would say with "side" was correct I guess...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Agreed Xam.

Saw it on the news last night and told my wife as we were going to bed. She said, 'So what does that really mean?' I told her in the grand scheme of things....nothing. There is way more to terrorism than Osama Bin Laden.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't see the point in celebrating a death when there's a million waiting to take his place at the head of the snake.

Big whoopdy-do.

R35

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Easy to kill a man. Nearly impossible to kill an ideology. And my recollection suggests that it took 10 years to kill the man, anyway. It's a positive thing, I suppose. But I agree with the apparent consensus here; the world is really not a safer place.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
In Obama's speech last night he thanked people in Pakistan for helping find and kill bin Laden. The compund he was hiding at was built 5 years ago with unusually high walls and security gates. No phone service, no internet service; basically no contact with the outside world. The place was 8 times bigger than anything else around it. They also burned all of their trash instead of having it picked up like everyone else. You cannot tell me the poeple in Pakistan had no information or questions as to what was going on there.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
So why stoop to their level? Hi, Kettle? This is Pot.

R35

Do you see me dancing in the street?

They had victory, they celebrated. We have a victory, we celebrate...i never said they were wrong to dance in the streets. I was not being derogatory towards them, thusly your pot/kettle reference is invalid.

ETA: Beyond that, there is a huge difference between me celebrating justice being brought to a criminal who willingly and gleefully planned the deaths of thousands, and their celebrating the deaths of thousands of innocent lives lost.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Not attempting to turn this political...but i do find it absolutely hilarious how people that were vehemently against the war on terror, are now signing praise to Obama for killing Bin Laden. Uh...excuse me? I don't see him doing raids in the sandbox....

Same people that refuse to say thank you to soldiers/veterans because 'they didn't agree with the war, and no one forced them to serve'

I've actually heard 4 people now say 'Yeah, we're coming home!'. Uh, yeah...obviously now that Bin Laden is dead the entire world of terrorism is gone...

a0.tqn.com_d_politicalhumor_1_0_n_U_moran.jpg

PS Tickles me pink that guy is a STL Cardinals fan...lmao

This dude needs slapped and handed a Cubs shirt.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online