• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Outta Nowhere - so sweeeet!

CybrSlicr

Aug 30, 2004
Nice round!

Pairing up with players you don't know can be stressful (I know I stress up a bit because I don't want to ruin their round of golf with my golf game :) ) but it sounds like you handled that very well.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
Thanks for the friendly replies people!. This forum is sweet!. A great way to pass time at work. :). (I think I made like 10 posts today).

I guess I'll just have to try a bit harder like you guys said. As far as meeting people that are members... Its gona be kinda tough. My GF and I are both 24yrs old. And have no kids so that's not gona work... Joining a rotary probobly wont work now either, cause I work 4 nights on, 4 nights off... With a shift of 4 days on once a month or so, just makes joining any sports teams, rotary clubs etc kinda tough, as I'd miss a lot of meetings / events. ++++ I'd rather be golfing!.

I understand that just because they wouldn't let me out golfing doesn't mean they are snobs... It just hurts my feelings ;)...

TH, I think that I saw something about that golf tourny in the paper, but for some reason my GF and I took it as though it was a tournement that was for the "students" to enter. But I'll definitly look into it again, cause we were kinda excited when we first saw that ad. (We have never been in a tournement together).

Anyways, you guys rock. Later.

Chris.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
halifax_golfer said:
Thanks for the friendly replies people!. This forum is sweet!. A great way to pass time at work. :). (I think I made like 10 posts today).

I guess I'll just have to try a bit harder like you guys said. As far as meeting people that are members... Its gona be kinda tough. My GF and I are both 24yrs old. And have no kids so that's not gona work... Joining a rotary probobly wont work now either, cause I work 4 nights on, 4 nights off... With a shift of 4 days on once a month or so, just makes joining any sports teams, rotary clubs etc kinda tough, as I'd miss a lot of meetings / events. ++++ I'd rather be golfing!.

I understand that just because they wouldn't let me out golfing doesn't mean they are snobs... It just hurts my feelings ;)...

TH, I think that I saw something about that golf tourny in the paper, but for some reason my GF and I took it as though it was a tournement that was for the "students" to enter. But I'll definitly look into it again, cause we were kinda excited when we first saw that ad. (We have never been in a tournement together).

Anyways, you guys rock. Later.

Chris.

I just looked at it again and it looks like anyone can enter. The entry fee is a little steep, but if it means you can meet some members, it would probably be worth it. Plus it's going to support the local HS so it would be a good cause.... could you write that off on your tax return??? :)

th

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
lol hottie, that's what I said when Andrea (GF) said something about a chairity golf tourny. I was just looking aswell and the club was established in 1914.

Sorry for all the replying on your post Bravo.

Chris.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
halifax_golfer said:
lol hottie, that's what I said when Andrea (GF) said something about a chairity golf tourny. I was just looking aswell and the club was established in 1914.

Sorry for all the replying on your post Bravo.

Chris.

No apology needed...and given your age and personal situation, Hottie's suggestion is super. I'd sign up now...

See ya.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
have to talk to the GF about it. Cause she just got accepted back into university (Dental Hygine) so it's back to having not much $$$ again. But hey, I'm gona try. :).

Chris.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
halifax_golfer said:
have to talk to the GF about it. Cause she just got accepted back into university (Dental Hygine) so it's back to having not much $$$ again. But hey, I'm gona try. :).

Chris.

Chris:

Since their website says they have 2006 memberships available, then you can probably join...that is good news...sounds like a wonderful club with a great great history. You'd probably love your membership.

smileyrose

Aug 17, 2006
Arranged Marriage

>>>>>>Pairing up with players you don't know can be stressful (I know I stress up a bit because I don't want to ruin their round of golf with my golf game :) <<<<<

Sounds a bit like an arranged marriage! ;)

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Bravo, I just read this thread and I have to say your original description of your round was very well written. That is a solid talent to turn a story into imagery like that, also way to go on the round, not bad for no warm up to tie your best score ever.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
wow.. I love this forum. You guys are awesome.. the other forums Im on.. the orignal poster would've already gotten all mad and started arguing with people about how someone has taken over his thread. This truly is a helpful forum. :D

Oh and Chris, I understand your talking about already having 10 posts up while at work today.. I just started on this forum yesterday.. and how many posts do I have? 30 somethin..? hehe. I just like all the conversations so much.. I want to talk with everyone. hahah. ;)

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
btw

That was a good original post Bravo :eek:

How do you remember every shot you took? I can barely remember how many shots at the end of a hole, let alone relaying back the entire round!

th :)

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
I agree.. This forum is just fun to post on, and read. Lots of funny stuff, lots of Useful information... And some good serious discussion with smart people who dont freak out all the time. :).

Chris.

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
Awesome round!

Way to go.
awww.websmileys.com_sm_drink_trink39.gif

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Thanks for the compliment DB...I like storytelling...

BoarderDave: As newbies come on here and start to enjoy the board, we often tell the story of our past. I know this will be redundant but I think describing our genesis is valuable.

About 10 of us here were all members at Golfreview.com which is a site notorious for its bad behavior and lack of effective administration. A few of us started PM'ing about starting a new, "more mature" board which would have very clear groundrules and very very active Moderation and Administration. Frankly, we were SICK of all of the arguing and flamewars on other sites.

So Sling took it upon himself to start Shottalk all by himself. Hundreds of hours of spent on URL acquisition, software/BB acquisition, graphics development etc.

And frankly quite a bit of money out of his pocket...

As you see we are now 2 years old and absolutely thriving. New members who have been on other boards quickly recognize the differences between Shottalk and other boards. People like yourself who enjoy this kind of environment are what we seek.

Having said all that, I encourage you to become a Premium Member...you get unlimited PM space and access to a Members Only area where Anything can be discussed. Frankly however, the main reason to become a Premium Member is just to help Sling out with the expense of operating the board.

Glad you are with us...you are posting up a storm...we don't get our panties in a wad on a little threadjacking either...

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
token_hottie said:
That was a good original post Bravo :eek:

How do you remember every shot you took? I can barely remember how many shots at the end of a hole, let alone relaying back the entire round!

th :)

Hottie:

Thanks...I can remember every shot I had in a particular round for about 3-4 days after the round is over...but then it rapidly fades from memory. I've been playing for a long long time so this is pretty typical...also in 99% of the rounds I play, we are wagering so remembering your score on every hole in the event that the scorekeeper has made an error in recording your score becomes habit.

4 days later its all gone into a haze of dead brain cells and vodka though...all I will remember is that I shot a 73 and had four birdies...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.