• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Outta Nowhere - so sweeeet!

CybrSlicr

Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
4 days later its all gone into a haze of dead brain cells and vodka though...all I will remember is that I shot a 73 and had four birdies...

I wish I could do that. Every time I step up to a hole, I have nasty flashbacks to all the worm-burning, tree-hitting, water-splashing previous shots I've had on the hole...

They won't stop.... make them stop......

Actually, I also remember all the shots I take in a round, and some stay with me for a while. It does help sometimes when you can go play a hole two weeks later and remember what you did on it the previous time (good and bad)...

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Bravo said:
Thanks for the compliment DB...I like storytelling...

BoarderDave: **insert shot-talk history here...**
That's just what I needed! Ive been trying to piece things together all yesterday and today. :)

Ill look into that premium member.. I dont need the PM space and whatnot.. but Im all for supporting the things I get to enjoy. :D

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Great shootin' Oh Brave One

Sounds like it all fell into place for a magical 4-5 hours! I love it when it happens, kinda like the planets aligning...

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Great shootin' Oh Brave One

Sounds like it all fell into place for a magical 4-5 hours! I love it when it happens, kinda like the planets aligning...

No doubt about it...and as you know Heaven or Hell can appear in your round without notice at any time. And how often have any of us had this classic situation? Haven't touched a club in two weeks, stand on the tee stone cold two minutes after leaving the car and proceed to shoot lights out. Everything works from the getgo.

I tell ya....Grip it and Rip it. There's some real wisdom there.

I'd probably be a better player if my IQ was about 20 points lower.

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
Tell us another one!

Cripes! The thrills...the suspense. You tell a good story, and you know your audience well enough to surmise that we emphathize the most when you miss the crucial, all-time-best putt. If you go unconscious and shoot a PB without even thinking about the score, we don't want to hear it. Gruesome, knee-knocking heart palpitations are where it's at these days.

Congrats on a beautiful round, anyway. 8 - )

You hit a lot of great shots and, more importantly, didn't let the not-so-great ones hold you back.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
jc@bg said:
You hit a lot of great shots and, more importantly, didn't let the not-so-great ones hold you back.
Bingo! I need to take a note from that chapter.. :rolleyes:

Ive been kept from breaking the 80 mark many times because I keep letting bad shots kill the next couple holes. :mad:

I have to figure out how to fix that..

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Great round well told.

On a side note - I think this thread has the most replies in one day that I've ever seen. Not even TH's thread with her modeling photos comes close.

I guess we really are all golfers first. Sorry TH !!

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
Eracer said:
Great round well told.

On a side note - I think this thread has the most replies in one day that I've ever seen. Not even TH's thread with her modeling photos comes close.

I didnt see such a thread.. then again. I just started yesterday :rolleyes:

Anyway.. link? :eek:

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
Eracer said:
Great round well told.

I never had a thread like that.... did I?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
token_hottie said:
I never had a thread like that.... did I?

I was being somewhat loose with my definition of thread. You posted your pictures and no one posted any replies.

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
halifax_golfer said:
I couldn't reply because of fear my GF would read the post.

Chris.
haha I keep lookin up at my reply saying.. hmm.. I hope my gf doesnt find this forum and see that.

:dead:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.