• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ovation

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
haven't personally hit it, adams is known for their fairway woods, i saw the ovation in over half the bags of the champions tour players when i was at a tourney, it comes with the aldila stock shaft which is so sweet,
if i hadn't recently purchased my TM V-Steel i'd probably go out and get an ovation for their new price which recently dropped to $119 i believe,
of course one could go to ebay and get a steal just as easy

just don't forget to demo all you can

OP
G

ghsbballcat30

Jul 21, 2005
ok thank you im probably going to buy one here soon. Ive heard so many good things about them.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I have one. I used it for close to a year. I was happy to trade my titleist 980f for it straight across. Easy to hit.

Now I'm using a TM r7 dual TP and it is the best (for me).

You'll be happy with an adams though.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Ovation has a sweet sound. A perfect "ping", if you will.

I have an Ovation 7 Wood and am retiring it (maybe) for a Mizuno FliHi CLK 20*. Not because the club is bad, but somewhere over time, I lost all confidence with it when I lost my swing and now I smoke it on the range but can't hit it on the course.

My only complaint about the Ovation is that it's got a very shallow face which is great in certain situations, but for a club that you hit off the tee a lot like a 3 wood, I think it might get to me a bit. Just my thought on that.

Generally though, great club.

NorCal707

Its a glass didgeridoo.
Apr 14, 2005
I hit a Ovation 5 wood at the range a couple weeks ago with the stock Adila shaft and its stupid easy to hit off the deck, but off the tee it was ballooning. Possibly the shaft?(Stiff fuji in my 980 v.s Regular adila in Ovation). I couldnt hit it as far as my 980 though. Its a good club to have around for anyone. The shaft really makes the club, especially in woods.

john45

Jul 4, 2005
I have an ovation 7W that I hit well off the deck. It is a great club.

🔥 Latest posts