• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ozik questions

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Could I use something like tungsten powder to make the shaft feel heavier? I believe tungsten powder is generally used nearer the tip? Could I put it further up the shaft? Would this be pointless? :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Not pointless. But a pain in the ass. If you want some static weight, add some to the head and a few wraps just under the grip. Won't take much.

If you think it's gonna be too light, then don't even bother. If you feel like it's gonna be a waste of time, then it's not worth it.

But making up clubs is fun, eh? :D

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
How on earth could you get the tungsten to float in the middle of the shaft anyway?

Buy some 45g grips, the infinity grips I got of Lyle are great

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How on earth could you get the tungsten to float in the middle of the shaft anyway?

Buy some 45g grips, the infinity grips I got of Lyle are great

Pour down shaft. Insert cork down shaft. Finished.

I prefer lead tape as it's much, much easier.

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I know that you plonker!!:) I was referring to Mike's suggestion that the powder could somehow be placed further up the shaft

I get a bit fed up with corks, sometimes the ram rod goes straight through them and I never know whether its right at the bottom. I have OCD badly about this, wondering whether there is even the smallest millimetre left to push it. I can't sleep for days after each club trying to figure out whether its right at the bottom

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I was planning to add the tungsten after I had tried it if the club felt too light. I have some tape left, I'll use that if it does. I'm off to the workshop, I need to build those wedges and now the hybrid. Thanks for answering all my questions.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Term of endearment used in England when a friend calls you a fool incorrectly:)

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Dave

for mid shaft you could try

cork-tungston-cork hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
What are your potential cast-offs?

R35

The driver will be either:

Aldila DVS 55
Mitsubishi Bassara 63
Matrix X-Con 6
Matrix Code 8

I'm already selling the Code 8, even though I think that is the one I would like the most.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.