• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Packers 21 - Bears 15

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Glad the Pack won but there offensive line looked horrible. Rodgers was running for his life all night. 4 interceptions & they barely win???

phatheadaf

Jul 20, 2008
Hey for the record, to all you posters that called Urlacher anything less than a man, he had a DISLOCATED WRIST and will now miss the ENTIRE remainder of the season. He played the next series until his coaches forced him to come out. Just making the point I wouldn't line up to call that man any names...

As a life long Bears fan I had extremely high hopes for this season, maybe too high. This opening game was utterly dissapointing. The crazy part is they had a lead late in the fourth. Inexplicable. Though I'm not gonna judge this team, Cutler, or the season because of one game.

The bad news is we have Pittsburg next week, at least we will both be missing our premier defensive players...

Go Bears.

A.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I was falling asleep during the game. It was sloppy but a defensive game, the kind I like.

As for Packers and Bears, both are fortunate to have the Lions in their div., so neither will finish dead last. Neither will make the playoffs and Minnesota will be the 1st team in the league to clinch their division.

If Farve can "play to his role" and just hand off to Peterson, they might actually go somewhere postseason. If I had to place a bet on a Superbowl long shot, it would be Minnesota.

As you know I am a Giants fan. I base what teams will be a force on which will be a tough game for the Giants. I think that Pittsburg and Minnesota would be the 2 toughest matchups for the Giants and those 2 teams at home would be the only ones favored against them in the league.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Glad the Pack won but there offensive line looked horrible. Rodgers was running for his life all night. 4 interceptions & they barely win???

Wi-Golfer

Number 78 is the worst blocking lineman I've ever seen the Packers put on the field. Mandarich was better.... But love that Aaron Rodgers...

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
DA BEARS.

At Los Rios Golf Course...in Plano, Tx., uhmm well, there is this Hole in the wall... a Hole directly above a Urinal, and the Hole, well it is framed and glass is over it.

And there is a sign there, that proclaims, to the effect, "Mike Ditka made this hole after a bad round of Golf, and losing at Poker"

Da Bears!

And yes, tonight dinner was Sausage and Beer. :)

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Ya know how some guys can go anywhere and be an improvement to the team they go to.... any QB can come to the Bears and suck. That's what the Bears do... ruin QB's. Ez don't get so hyped on the Vikings. Before season's end Brett and Adrian will be hurt. Pack's takin the division.

Oh yeah, are you guys serious about Urlacher? The guy is an overrated meathead. He spent the last two seasons fighting injuries as well as his wife/baby mama whatever.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I forgive them because it was only the first game, but having Urlacher out for the season does make me worry. The guy is a beast of course, but more than that, he is the Bear's soul, and that is priceless...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I forgive them because it was only the first game, but having Urlacher out for the season does make me worry. The guy is a beast of course, but more than that, he is the Bear's soul, and that is priceless...
+1, Urlacher out for the season might just break up that defense...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
anyone watch the Pats/Bills game? nice!

That was pathetic. Bills had the game totally in hand. As soon as I see the guy run it out of the endzone I said "now there's a mistake". Low and behold he's stripped of the ball and NE scores 2 quick TD's.

As for the Bears, Packers, Vikings... I don't see the potential in the Packers with a mediocre running game and sub par passing game. They'll beat the slouch teams but I don't see them going better than .500. Chicago is similar. Another team with decent defense and not enough offense.

Both will beat down teams like the Lions, Texans or Bengals but won't be able to match up with Saints, Cowboys or even the Ravens, all of whom are probably 9-7 teams and will be wild card teams.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ya know how some guys can go anywhere and be an improvement to the team they go to.... any QB can come to the Bears and suck. That's what the Bears do... ruin QB's. Ez don't get so hyped on the Vikings. Before season's end Brett and Adrian will be hurt. Pack's takin the division.

Oh yeah, are you guys serious about Urlacher? The guy is an overrated meathead. He spent the last two seasons fighting injuries as well as his wife/baby mama whatever.

I just see more weaknesses in the Bears and Packers than the Vikings. Farve or no, Peterson is the best back in the league by a mile and any QB in the league could succeed handing off to him, taking advantage of defenses scared of him as well as the protectection from the offensive line. Don't get me wrong, even without Urlacher the Bears and the Packers both have a better defense than the Vikings... however the Vikings will put up more points than both of them combined. I see them as a team that will demand 24+ pts. to be beaten with most games going 30+.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I work with a lady whose husband is one of the Bears' trainers. He called her yesterday during work and said that Urlacher was having season ending surgery on his wrist. She had no idea you could dislocate a wrist though?

At least we don't have another Eric Kramer, Cordel Stewart, Grossman, or even worse....Cade McKnown anymore. Cutler can be deadly accurate when he can think straight. I blame it on his low sugar count.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Don't get me wrong, i'm not just saying that because i'm a Packers fan. I dislike the Viks more than the Bears. All things being equal though, if someone said you can have Urlacher or Aguleya, Urlacher'd be goin home. There are a few people on the Bears D i'd have before Urlacher. The Viks do scare me a bit, but I truly see Favre goin down before season's end with a twisted something. Mark my words.... he'll get stuck on the turf just long enough for one of his own linemen to fall on his leg or something like that. Adrian too, as much action as he's going to see, it's going to be real hard to make it through the season. Or at least at full steam.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Personally i thought it was a horrible game...

neither team looked good. They were both making some really big mistakes, dropped passes, bad protection, horrible decisions by both qbacks, the refs were calling some pretty shotty penalties...like the 'illegal contact' on Harris? WTF was that? He barely touched the guy....THAT penalty almost lost the game for the pack...but Harris tells the refs to go eff themselves and saves the game with an interception

I couldn't believe how many Bears injuries there were...and Urlacher is out for what 5 weeks? Big man falls to a simple wrist injury?

Poor showing on both teams AFAIC

Urlacher out for THE SEASON post wrist surgery!!!!!!!! Post Ryan Grant tackle. Toughed out most of the first half with the injury. I've NEVER questioned that man's heart.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
I'm telling ya... I've been watching the AFC West for almost 30 years. Had season tickets to the Chiefs up until last year too for about half those years.

Cutler has a $1M arm and a 10¢ brain. He had the same problems in Denver, flashes of brilliance and streaks of brain-dead play. I wasn't too surprised that he sucked, just that he sucked that bad.

Anyone who wonders why Denver got rid of him knows now... :laugh:

Rogers threw a lot of good balls to wide open receivers who just flat dropped a bunch of them -- especially early in the game. He sure looks like the real deal to me.

Driver drops 2 and Nelson dropped two. Barbe right Tackle performs look out blocks and is even ineffective when TE first chip block. Worst line play I've seen. Mark Tauscher---think about what the contract needs to look like.

🔥 Latest posts