• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Packing the Rain Gear!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
It always befuddles me how "delicate" the bodies of these young flat bellies must be. If they let us on the course... we play, no matter the temperature! We've always said the guys who wait out frost delays should have dibs on preferred tee times all year long. Wait! Our group DOES get the preferred tee time every day... seven days/week, :D
The young flat bellies' bodies haven't deteriorated to the point of feeling no pain yet. Give them another 90 years, they'll be like you.

And I'm STILL never playing you for money!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
The young flat bellies' bodies haven't deteriorated to the point of feeling no pain yet. Give them another 90 years, they'll be like you.

And I'm STILL never playing you for money!!!
Wouldn't you take "feeling no pain" over "feeling pain"?? Of course, if something hurts I know I woke up this morning!!!

"Playing for money"??? I won $1.00 this morning. I believe I lost a cumulative total of 75 cents the past week. This group and our quarters is lots of fun. My goodness! Do we ever whine and grip about having to hand 50 cents to one of the guys!!!! I think the most I've ever won... or lost... on a really good or really bad day is about $4.00. Those quarters we play for just put some added trash talk in the game... and afterwards.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
You're just f'ing scary, you know that? :p

In fact I do! I’m often told I look intimidating...and then people get to know me a little. I’m just an easy going, funny, scary looking dude.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
In fact I do! I’m often told I look intimidating...and then people get to know me a little. I’m just an easy going, funny, scary looking dude.
I already know you a little. I'd probably just look (way) up at you and say "First round's on you":D

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

I’d hang out with you anytime Jim! Even scary looking you sure seem fun as hell!! Plus if anyone started shit, I’d just hide behind you! LOL

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
This thread has me laughing for several reasons.

So you are going to the UK Louis? Well, it rains here, a lot! London is not that bad. The further north and west you more, the damper it gets.
If you live in the UK, decent rain gear is essential, not just golf. Pack a soft-shell jacket. It might come in handy, not just for golf.
25C = 77F - perfect golfing weather
Jim, you are a legend!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
This thread has me laughing for several reasons.

So you are going to the UK Louis? Well, it rains here, a lot! London is not that bad. The further north and west you more, the damper it gets.
If you live in the UK, decent rain gear is essential, not just golf. Pack a soft-shell jacket. It might come in handy, not just for golf.
25C = 77F - perfect golfing weather
Jim, you are a legend!

I’d love to go on a UK golfing adventure. I’d pack everything if that were the case!! Including an empty suitcase for all the stuff I would no doubt be bring back home!!

Jim’s legend status is for sure verified!!

🔥 Latest posts