• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Painful!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Watching Les Miserables with my wife...holy cow. We are an hour into this 2.5 hr show and its just painful!

I tried to keep an open mind, I liked Phantom of the Opera, but I can't take this...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
what that about ? with a title like that IDK if I'd even be interested in reading the back of the case
It's a musical, won a bunch of awards. Like I said, I liked Phantom and last week we went to see a live performance of Fiddler on the Roof, and that was good.

This is just bad though!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I dont think I would be able to tolerate any of those
It's kind of like baseball to me. Watching baseball on TV is plain awful. Going to a ball park an watching a good game though is awesome!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
99% of movies don't hold my interest past the first 20 minutes.

I typically only bother watching 4-5 movies per year...unless they're movies I already know I like and am watching them again.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the heads up Jim. The movie got a lot of media coverage here in Australia because of the involvement of Aussie actors. I'm not a big fan of musicals (as a movie). Never have been. I'll give this one a big miss.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Thanks for the heads up Jim. The movie got a lot of media coverage here in Australia because of the involvement of Aussie actors. I'm not a big fan of musicals (as a movie). Never have been. I'll give this one a big miss.
I'm sure, as far as degree of difficulty goes, a musical is tough for an actor. Jackman & Crowe did a good job. Hathaway won Best Supporting Actress and was only in the movie about 30 min total.

Like I said, tried to keep an open mind but it was a tough watch.

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
United States United States
Watching Les Miserables with my wife...holy cow. We are an hour into this 2.5 hr show and its just painful!

I tried to keep an open mind, I liked Phantom of the Opera, but I can't take this...
We have the Liam Neeson/Uma Thurman version. I actually liked it quite a bit for what it is.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
That movie had "Failure" written all over it.....now I just saw IRONMAN 3 and that was a different story!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That movie had "Failure" written all over it.....now I just saw IRONMAN 3 and that was a different story!
Yeah, I watched it for my wife. We all know how that goes!

Really can't wait to see Ironman 3!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.