• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Palm Beach Florida, Par 3 Course

MyBluC4

Reaction score
Palm Beach, Florida Par 3 Golf Course

I don’t often take time to play executive courses, but the Par 3 course on South Ocean Blvd. situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Intercoastal Waterway, is one worth mention. The course was a Dick Wilson design built almost 50 years ago. The track was closed last year, totally ripped up and redesigned by Raymond Floyd for a November 2009 opening. When I say ripped up, I’m talking redesigned holes, expanded length, new fairways and greens, expanded ponds, added traps, new waste bunkers as well as new trees and fescue plantings. Floyd did a remarkable job here. This 2572 yard beauty is so much fun to play with insane winds coming off the Intercoastal on the front nine and Atlantic on the back that you will want to try your hand a few times. The wind makes it a different experience each time as it is always changing in direction and velocity.
The back side especially, that has a number of holes framed around a large pond and against the Atlantic is very picturesque and requires some thought on club selections with the winds and pin locations. Holes range in length from 81 to 211 yards. Overall, there are 8 holes over 140 yards long, not bad for an executive track. There is also a small practice green and full driving range on the premise. If you have 2.5 hours to kill and want to have some real short game fun, this is definitely a winner.
Palm Beach 070Copy.jpg
Palm Beach 071Copy.jpg
Palm Beach 073Copy.jpg
Palm Beach 077Copy.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters