• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Palmetto Golf Club

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
This will be a short review, because for the first time in my life, I didn't finish a round of golf because I wussed out!!!!! I got to #13, started feeling dizzy, nauseous, and got cramps. Heat exhaustion.....Saturday by noon here it was 99° F, high humidity, with a heat index of 110° F. I don't know how those pros in Memphis did it, 'cause I felt like I was dying.... :mad:

Anyway, I sure hope I get invited back sometime, because this course was beautiful and incredibly difficult. Think Augusta National Lite. There was not a blade of grass out of place, the sand in the bunkers was coarse and perfectly raked, the greens had the undulations and speed of Augusta National but were some type of high end Bermuda.

I started out on #1 striping my driver right down the middle, 9 iron uphill to the middle of a slopy green, and ran my birdie putt off the front edge. Salvaged bogey.

In my shortened round I never made better than bogey, all because of those bastard greens. I never found a flat spot, anywhere.

I did hit some good drives and irons, but the greens kicked my ass. Then the heat kicked my ass. Then I crawled to the cart and limped back to the clubhouse for Gatorade and a restroom session.

Gawd, what a beautiful place. Now I know why rich people join private clubs: to keep the riffraff like me out. :faintthud:

🔥 Latest posts