• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Paper or plastic? How do you want that bagged??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
My old Ping cart bag has been a good one. She has weathered many, many rounds. But, after 12 years, she's gettin' tired. She has zippers that no longer work. Her mesh side pockets sag like you would expect on most parts of an aging lady. Her once sleek, black color has faded in too much sun. So... I've begun looking around for a new cart bag.

I like the looks of the new Titleist lightweight cart bag. However, will it hold up? It's extremely lightweight and does not appear very sturdy. The C-130's are appealing. They are pricey and huge. Do I really need that much storage space?

Those of you who use cart bags, what have you had good luck with? And... what bags have been disasters? What features do you like in a cart bag? Would you buy the bag you currently own again? Why? Why not?

Sun Mountain... Ogio.... Datrek... Bennington... Ping... Titleist....?????? What should I be looking for??

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
check rockbottomgolf and get a bag on the cheap.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I can't speak for cart bags, however, if they Sun Mountain cart bags bare any resemblance of the craftsmanship my Four 5 stand bag does, then i would recommend them without any reserve.

I haven't had the chance to put tons of rounds on her, but i have no doubt in my mind that she will stand up to many. Fit and finish is top notch, and the usability of every feature on this bag blows my mind. Nothing on this bag is wasted weight. Everything has a function, and everything is easy to use.

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
I am pretty sure that Titleist bags are made by Sun Mountain and I have only good things to say about Sun Mountains bags. I currently use a Sun Mountain SCB and I love it. The quality is great and the full length dividers are a dream. I use it in conjuction with a Sun Mountain Speed Cart and I very rarely ride so it is perfect for me. If I rode a ton of the time I would probably go with their C-130 as it has all the features that their other bags have plus even more pocket space for the junk that we golfers tend to accumulate.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
At your age? Ping staff bag. It's what all the old geezers really want!! ;)

My wife bought a Datrek cart bag a few years ago and it has been a great bag. Very functional and very durable. I had an older Datrek that lasted me a long time as did my dad. Definitely look at Datrek before you buy.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
At your age? Ping staff bag. It's what all the old geezers really want!! ;)

One of those old white Ping leather bags might work. Or, I once had a lime green, sorta vinyl, bag that... if I remember correctly... was made by Miller. Perhaps I just need to go back to the lime green bag. It would match my bright orange golf slacks!!

I have a large Ping staff bag. It's the USA bag that was a limited release after 9/11. It's beautiful... just not functional. And... I'd rather keep it clean and in good condition as a collector's item. One time, I posted bag pics on ShotTalk and that bag was the one displayed. I'll see if I can ressurect those photos.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Miller made good bags back in the day. Not sure if they're even around now.

I have my 2nd set in an old MacKenzie leather carry bag that I picked up along the way. Those are really nice bags, but not really what you're looking for. If I ever really immerse myself in this game again, I'm going to order a custom one.

🔥 Latest posts