• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Parking it.....

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I think I am gonna park the clubs for the rest of the year. I want to build a new set of irons for next spring. I haven't played as well as I would have liked to this summer....so I am thinking I will just go ahead and get started on the bag...building some new irons and fairway woods.....I think I am gonna try out some different wedges over the winter. I am gonna be putting some stuff up for sale....hybrid and a couple cleveland wedges.

Jason

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
#1 axiom of golf... You can ALWAYS buy a better game!!! However, there is way too much time left this year. You could buy or build at least 2 or 3 sets of irons before the season is over. Now... get to work!!!!:D:D

Is that your Tundra in the avatar???

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
I was playing pretty good when I stopped 2 months ago......I probably wont play again until January. Once hunting season is over.....

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
hey- we have the same irons.

I feel the same way about them- they were great, but for someone who is low on cash and has a very consistant swing.

I have a slightly more inconsistant swing that can work with these- While I can hit all of them, the number of mishits that just do jack squat is just way too high. I need the ball closer on every shot, and these clubs are not helping.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I was playing pretty good when I stopped 2 months ago......I probably wont play again until January. Once hunting season is over.....

Where do you live that you started hunting 2 months ago? Unless you are talking about more than big game.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Is that your Tundra in the avatar???

Looks like a Tacoma to me.
Yup, its a Tacoma.

I think I am gonna park the clubs for the rest of the year. I want to build a new set of irons for next spring. I haven't played as well as I would have liked to this summer....so I am thinking I will just go ahead and get started on the bag...building some new irons and fairway woods.....I think I am gonna try out some different wedges over the winter. I am gonna be putting some stuff up for sale....hybrid and a couple cleveland wedges.
Jason
Dont take this the wrong way, but instead of building a new set of clubs for next spring, you should be working on building a better swing.
All too often, the problem isnt the arrow, its the archer.

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
yes it is an 05 Tacoma. I am trying to sell it....I want an Infiniti G35.

Don't get the wrong impression, swing is fine, game is actually pretty good at this point. I just didn't get to play that much in the spring so the short game suffered a bit from just not playing that much. Which in turn meant the summer just didn't go as well as I had wished. I hit the irons I have pretty dang good.....just want to experiment a bit with a combo set or something I can put together. I am looking at some forged 300 series irons I might pick up and mess with a little bit. I am more just looking to experiment...I need a new 5 wood and want to move to some component wedges. Will likely change the setup a bit.....from the 51 and 56 or 60, go to a 50, 54 or 58 setup or something. Just not interested in playing at this point I guess....more interested in playing with the bag.

Jason

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I'm doing the opposite. I'm putting my range time in overdrive for the fall/winter. I always screw myself... I get to playing pretty decent towards the end of the year... then it gets cool and I puss out and stop playing. Then I have to start all over with my swing come spring time.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've been taking some time off as well. I've debated selling some clubs but not sure it's really worth it. They'd be hard to replace for the same $$ and it's taken a lot of hoing to get them right.

I'm hoping to let my muscle memory "forget" a little bit. I made some good progress the last few months and have all my drills I feel will lead to the swing I've seen glimpses of. I plan to putt a lot and do my drills. I'd also like to get a few lessons over the "offseason".

I feel like I've overdone it a little and burning out with golf. I just don't have that same drive to play or practice as I did. Some of that stems from lack of money and car breaking down, some is from feeling like I've hit a sticking point with scores that is too big a hurdle.

🔥 Latest posts