• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Passing a group

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
This morning I was playing as a solo on the 9 hole track in Chicago. I was even par through 3 holes and hit a beautiful drive on a long, draw biased par 4. When I got to my ball a foursome was on the green. I'm going through some swing changes so I was fine with a little wait while I checked out a few positions with a 7i in hand.

To my surprise, the foursome waved me through. I waved back and readied my pre shot routine. I took my last look at the green and all 4 players were still standing on the green watching me. I did my pre shot routine again and let one fly--thinning it to the left of the green into the crap.

The foursome went about their business on the green. They left the green to the next tee and I wasn't able to get up and down.

On the next tee they all hit and then I hit, duffing my drive which led to a double... Uggh. What a nightmare pass.

Has anyone ever encountered the way these knuckle heads allowed me through? It seemed obnoxious to me.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Playing through is always awkward, but rule 43-2.B states: "Any player being permitted to play through another group during a typical round, must play his worst shots of that round. Penalty for hitting great shots: stroke play: 2 strokes - match play: loss of hole."

You were simply following the rules. Good job.

OP
trumb1mj

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
Playing through is always awkward, but rule 43-2.B states: "Any player being permitted to play through another group during a typical round, must play his worst shots of that round. Penalty for hitting great shots: stroke play: 2 strokes - match play: loss of hole."

You were simply following the rules. Good job.

Haha I know it, right..? The only thing that annoyed me was that they stood on the green for me to hit my approach.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I don't think I've ever experienced that. It's pretty weird, and a bit discourteous. At least they let you through eventually, though.

🔥 Latest posts