• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Patrick Reed Refutes Cheating Allegation

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
THERE MIGHT BE NOTHING WORSE IN GOLF than being labeled a cheater. According to media reports including stories at GolfChannel.com, rising PGA Tour star Patrick Reed is fighting a cheating allegation, something that could permanently stain the young player's name and career.

In a new book entitled Slaying the Tiger and published by Ballantine Books, author Shane Ryan reportedly claims that Reed cheated during a qualifying round while playing for the University of Georgia. That's not all. According to Ryan, Reed also stole a Scotty Cameron putter and $400 in cash.

"I was shocked," Reed told Golf Channel.

"That was the first time I heard about it. To read something like and see how degrading and false it is, to have someone say something like that without coming to me first and asking me, it's shocking."

Reed denied the cheating and stealing allegations and said that he has gotten affidavits from his former coaches at University of Georgia and Augusta State University that refute the author's claims. Reed also said his lawyers intended to send a letter to the publisher and that "all options are open."

As GolfChannel.com reported and confirmed by yours truly, the author is not backing down.

In a tweet dated March 9 Ryan said, "Just want to say quickly here that I stand behind my reporting 100%, and I also stand behind the truth of what I wrote."

Source: Patrick Reed Refutes Cheating Allegation

🔥 Latest posts